Express buses leave Hangzhou's North Bus Station roughly every 15 minutes for Anji (¥36).
- 1 Anji Bus Terminal (安吉客运中心), 2218 Yunhong West Road (云鸿西路2218号), ☏ .
High-speed train services began in June 2020. There are eight trains per day from Huzhou and the journey time from there is only 16 minutes. You can also catch the train from other cities such as Hangzhou. Unfortunately, the railway station is quite far (about 30 km) from the center of the main town, so it may still be easier to take the bus.
- 2 Anji High-Speed Railway Station (安吉高铁站), Gaoyu Village, Tianzihu Town (天子湖镇高禹村) (bus no. 208 conveys passengers between the station and the center of the main town).
- 1 Anji Bamboo Exposition Park (安吉竹博园 Anji Zhu Boyuan), 1 Zhu Boyuan Road (竹博园路1号) (Minibuses to the park depart from the Anji Bus Terminal), ☏ , toll-free: . 07:30-17:00. ¥80 (adults), ¥40 (children between 1.2 and 1.5 meters in height). Free entry is granted to children under 1.2 meters in height.
- 4 Great Bamboo Sea of China (中国大竹海景区 Zhongguo Da Zhu Hai), Wuhe Village, Tianhuangping Town (天荒坪镇五鹤村) (Take a minibus from the Anji Bus Terminal to the village of Gangkou (港口), then take bus no. 305 to the destination. There are two different no. 305 buses, so be sure to catch the right one), ☏ . May-Sep 07:30-17:00, Oct-Apr 08:00-16:30. Where the movie "Crouching Tiger; Hidden Dragon" was filmed. ¥60.
- 5 Silver Diggings Under Heaven (天下银坑景区 Tianxia Yin Ken), Yinkun Village, Tianhuangping Town (天荒坪镇银坑村) (Take a minibus to Tianhuangping (天荒坪) from the Anji Bus Terminal, then transfer to a taxi. Or just take a taxi all the way), ☏ , , . 07:00-17:00. A present-day movie-set in the bamboo forests. ¥40.
- 6 Dragon King Mountain (龙王山 Long Wang Shan), Zhangcun Town (章村镇) (There is no public transport in the area, so you would have to take a taxi. The mountain is close to Hangzhous Lin'an District, so it may be cheaper to get a taxi from there rather than from Anji's county seat), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 07:00-17:00. ¥70.
- 7 Baicaoyuan Garden (中南百草原), Sangong Village, Dipu Town (递铺镇三官村) (Catch bus no. 131 from either the Anji Bus Terminal or Chengzhong Bus Station), ☏ , toll-free: . 08:00-17:00. A man-made landscaped garden on a large scale with mini-zoo, children's playgrounds, swimming beach and several restaurants. ¥150.
- 8 Zhejiang Museum of Natural History Anji Branch (浙江自然博物院安吉馆), 1 Meiyuan Road (梅园路1号) (Take bus no. 131 from outside the Anji Bus Terminal and get off at Baicaoyuan. The museum is about 1 km southwest of the bus stop, on the western side of the Baicaoyuan Scenic Area), ☏ , . Nov-Msr 09:30-17:00, Apr-Oct 09:00-17:00, no entry after 16:00, closed on Mondays and Tuesdays except when Monday or Tuesday fall on a public holiday. Free.
- 1 Hello Kitty Park (杭州HelloKitty乐园), 1 Tianshi Avenue (天使大道1号) (Bus nos. 114 and 120. If coming from the Anji Bus Terminal, you will need first need to catch a bus to the Chengzhong Bus Station, then transfer to bus nos. 114 or 120 from there. Bus no. 120 terminates just outside the park), toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 10:00-17:00. On normal work days, ticket prices are ¥230 for adults and ¥140 for seniors over 70 and children between 1 and 1.4 meters in height. On public holidays, prices are increased to ¥290 for adults and ¥180 for seniors over 70 and children between 1 and 1.4 meters in height. Children under 1 meter in height are granted free admission.
Anji is famous for "White Tea" as well as green tea. Numerous bamboo products from the hideously kitsch to the moderately useful can be bought in the bamboo products market.