Antwerp is one of the five provinces of Flanders (the Dutch-speaking, northern part of Belgium). Most information that you might expect to find here can be found either on the page for Flanders, on the page for Belgium or on one of the city pages.
- 1 Antwerp — administrative center for the province and major tourism destination in Belgium famous for its diamonds and shopping
- 2 Geel
- 3 Herentals — its belfry is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- 4 Kalmthout
- 5 Lier — its belfry and beguinage are a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- 6 Mechelen — as a lovely city halfway between the bustling cities of Antwerp and Brussels, this place has its own ways to enchant its visitors.
- 7 Mol
- 8 Turnhout
Brabantian, a distinct dialect of Dutch, is the main language spoken in Antwerp, although most people, and practically everyone in Antwerp city, also speak Standard Dutch. English is also spoken by most people.
- 1 Bobbejaanland, Lichtaart. The largest theme park in the Antwerp province.
- Antilliaanse Feesten. This festival is by no doubt the largest Carribean Festival of Belgium and is held in the town of Hoogstraten in the north of the province. It usually is celebrated in August.
- 2 Graspop Metal Meeting. Yearly heavy metal music festival held in the town of Dessel, in June.
- Reggae Geel. The largest reggae festival in Belgium takes place in the beginning of August in the town of Geel in the Antwerp province.
- 3 Tomorrowland. Yearly electrical metal music festival held since 2005 in the town of Boom, in the south of the province. It has become one of the world's largest and notable music festivals.