North America > United States of America > Midwest > Ohio > Northeast Ohio > Greater Cleveland > Ashtabula County > Ashtabula
- U.S. Route Number 20 - Runs through town from southwest to northeast.
- Ohio State Route 11 - Runs north of town toward the south ending near Youngstown, OH.
- State Route 45 - Runs from the south, west outside of town, ending north at Lake Erie.
- State Route 84 - Runs from southwest through town ending north at Lake Erie.
- State Route 531 - Runs west to east, north of town along Lake Erie.
- Interstate 90 - Main Interstate running southwest to northeast 6 miles south of town. Best route to travel to Cleveland to the west and Erie, PA. and Buffalo, NY. to the east.
Driving is the best way around town. At only 7 square miles, it is possible to walk or bicycle to locations within Ashtabula.
- City Taxicab & Transfer Co. 1753 W Prospect Rd, +1 440 992-2156.
- Premier Transportation 6710 N Ridge Rd W, +1 440 466-1515
- Bascule Lift Bridge - Located in Ashtabula Harbor. This lift bridge was created in the early to mid 1900s to accommodate marina traffic and Conrails (now Norfolk Southern) iron ore freighters. It is still in use as the main gateway to Lake Erie from the Ashtabula River. At night it is beautifully illuminated with bright blue lights that reflect in the water making the harbor glow.
- The Harbor Buzz - This generally refers to all activities in Ashtabula Harbor during the summer.
- Car Shows.
- Beauty Pageants.
- Eating Contests.
- Street Performers.
- Stage Performers.
- Ashtabula Farmers Market, Ashtabula Harbor. Street vendors and local merchants bring products and services on the sidewalk, several local farms and co-ops offer fresh organic produce.
- Walnut Beach, Walnut Blvd. & Lake Ave. Public beach (lifeguard until 6pm, kid and pet friendly) accessible by a boardwalk. sand dunes, walking trail, wetlands, sports facilities (tennis, basketball, and volleyball).
- Lake Shore Park, ☎ . Lake Road and Manola (east of SR 11). Public park with a public beach, pavilions and picnic areas, playground, a boat launch, and disc golf site.
- Point Park, Walnut Street. Public park with camping that overlooks Ashtabula harbor and river, as well as the coal conveyor, shipping docks, and lift bridge. In the park see the Hulett ore unloader and Merchant Marine Memorial.
- Saybrook Township Park, SR 531, 2 miles west of SR 45. Public park with picnic pavilions, playground, baseball diamond, and trail to a small, unguarded beach.
- Western Reserve Greenway Trail, ☎ . West Ave in Ashtabula to SR 307 in Austinburg. Trailheads are at Old Austinburg Road, 2 miles east of SR 45 off Austinburg Road, Woodman Avenue in Ashtabula, and Lampson Road. The 43-mile trail runs to Champion Avenue East in Warren. The trail is paved and good for hiking, biking, rollerblading in summer, and cross-country skiing and snowmobiling in winter.
- 1 Ashtabula Harbor Lighthouse. End of Ashtabula Harbor breakwall. Established in 1836 but now not in operation. The best way to see the lighthouse is by boat since it is on a long breakwall that could be treacherous to walk. There are no tours of the lighthouse.
- [dead link]Ashtabula Marine Museum / Great Lakes Marine and Coast Guard Memorial Museum, 1071 Walnut Boulevard (at Point Park in Ashtabula Harbor), ☎ . Memorial Day-August: F-Su noon-5PM; September: Sa-Su noon-5PM. Displays tell about Lake Erie and Ashtabula Harbor history. Adults: $5, 6-16 years: $3, Children under 6: free.
- Hubbard House UGGR Museum, Walnut Blvd. and Lake Ave, Ashtabula Harbor, ☎ . Mem.-Labor Day: F-Su 1PM-5PM; or by appointment. Closed Mon and holidays. Restored home of William and Catharine Hubbard, the only northern terminus of the Underground Railroad that can be toured.
- Olin Covered Bridge Museum, ☎ . Off SR 84, south on Dibble Road to Dewey Road, Ashtabula County's only museum of covered bridges. Memorabilia, artefacts, and educational displays. Hours - June 1 to October 31. W,Sa, & Su 1PM-5PM.
- Sturgeon General Charters, Morton Drive (Kister Marina & Campground), ☎ . Walleye, Bass, and Perch fishing. Lake Erie - June–October.
- Taylor Made Charters, ☎ . River Marina, - Walleye and Perch fishing. Lake Erie May 1 thru December 1.
- La Gre' Le Fishing Charters, toll-free: . Docked in Ashtabula Harbor, - Walleye and Perch fishing. Lake Erie May - October.
- Chapel Hills Golf Course, toll-free: . Austinburg Road east of SR 45, 18-hole course. Driving range also available. Open April - October, Dawn to Dusk.
- [dead link]Harbor Golf Club, ☎ . Lake Road West. 18-hole course. Now public course but once was the private course for the Ashtabula Country Club. Scenic rolling hills and natural landscape. Reservations recommended.
- Western Reserve Greenway, 2773 Ohio State Route 307 (Austinburg Trail Head), ☎ . A 43-mile, mostly shaded and rural paved bike trail that runs north-south from Ashtabula to Warren, Ohio. There are 6 trailheads and parking lots along the trail.
- Albinos Meats, 2316 Lake Ave, ☎ . Fresh meats, must pre-order.
- Ashtabula Towne Square (Ashtabula Mall), ☎ . 3315 N. Ridge East. With a new owner and renovations came a name change to the mall, still bringing customers to stores in the mall some inwhich include JC Penney, Sears, Super K-Mart, Dunhams Sports, a food court, and more than 65 specialty shops and services,visit the site for more information,
- Antique Boutique, 1003 Bridge Street, ☎ .
- Alleman's Bakery & Restaurant, 1030 Lake Ave, ☎ .
- Alessandro's, 6540 Lake Rd W, ☎ . Authentic Italian dining.
- Broken Dreams Cafe (Hershey's Ice Cream Parlor), 4601 Main Ave, ☎ .
- Bruno Brothers Pizza, 3315 N Ridge Rd E, ☎ . # F14,
- Bruno Brothers Pizza on Bunkerhill, 823 Bunker Hill Rd, ☎ .
- Capos Pizza III, 1205 Lake Ave, ☎ .
- Carusos Pizza & Spaghetti House, 2313 West Ave, ☎ .
- Casa Capelli Restaurant, 4641 Main Ave, ☎ . Italian.
- Covered Bridge Pizza, 4861 N Ridge Rd W, ☎ .
- Crows Nest, 1257 Harmon Rd, ☎ .
- Deb's Diner, 3214 State Rd, ☎ .
- Doxsie Deli and Eatery, 1001 bridge st, ☎ . A wide Variety of sandwiches including the famous corned beef.
- El Grande Steak House, 2145 W Prospect Rd, ☎ .
- Espresso Zone, 1206 Lake Ave, ☎ .
- Great Wall Chinese Restaurant, 2610 W Prospect Rd, ☎ .
- Guyreino's Deli, 1033 Lake Ave, ☎ .
- Harbor Perk, 1003 Bridge St, ☎ . Coffee house.
- Hil-Mak Seafood Restaurant, 449 Lake Ave, ☎ .
- J Ds Pizza, 2238 E Prospect Rd, ☎ .
- Jim Bob Incorporated, 3214 State Rd, ☎ .
- Kardohely's Family Restaurant, 1730 W Prospect Rd, ☎ .
- Kork & Kettle, 4618 Main Ave, ☎ .
- LA Cafe, 1017 Bridge St, ☎ .
- Lake Erie Family Restaurant, 5050 Lake Rd W, ☎ .
- Lakeway Restaurant, 729 Lake Ave, ☎ . Seafood and Italian dining.
- Los Compadres, 4700 West Ave, ☎ . Authentic Mexican dining.
- Luigi's Pizza & Wings, Take out, delivery, 5345 Main Ave, +1 440 992-1554.
- Lunch Box, Take out, fast food, 1837 E 51st St, +1 440 992-5124.
- Main Diner, 5760 Main Ave, ☎ .
- Main Moon, Chinese take out and dining, 2117 Lake Ave, +1 440 998-6681.
- Mandarin House Restaurant - Chinese dining, 2519 S Ridge Rd E, +1 440 998-3232.
- Meola, Deli and Restaurant, 1033 Lake Ave, +1 440 964-3663.
- Moys Special Occasion Restaurant, 2339 West Ave, ☎ . Chinese take out and dining,
- Salvato's Pizza, Pizza, Salads, and Subs 1810 E Prospect Rd, (440) 998-6477.
- Super China Buffet, 3032 N Ridge Rd E, ☎ .
- R & R Alley Cafe, 234 Progress Pl, ☎ .
- Tony's Deli, 3523 State Rd, ☎ .
- Whippy Dip, 2448 W Center St, ☎ . Ice Cream.
- Wise Guys - A Family Restaurant, 1010 Bridge St, ☎ . In the historic district of the Ashtabula Harbor.
- Crow's Nest, 1257 Harmon Rd, Ashtabula, OH 44004 (Take Rt.11 until it ends), ☎ .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 1831 Austinburg Rd, ☎ .
- Ramada Worldwide, 1860 Austinburg Rd, ☎ .
- Campbell Beachhouse, Lakefront ranch home, 7256 Lake Rd. West, +1 740 967-1717
- Gilded Swan Bed & Breakfast, 5024 West Avenue, toll-free: . Victorian style bed & breakfast.
- Michael Cahill Bed & Breakfast, 1106 Walnut Boulevard, ☎ . Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Peggy's Bed and Breakfast, 8721 Munson Hill Road, ☎ . Adjacent to the Western Reserve Greenway Trail.
- Cedar's Motel, 2105 West Prospect Road, toll-free: .
- Downtown Motel, 424 Center Street, ☎ .
- Edge-O-Town Motel, 2328 North Ridge East, ☎ .
- Freeway Motel, 2329 North Ridge Road, ☎ .
- Ho Hum Motel, 3801 N. Ridge West, +1 440 969-1136.
- Ashtabula Recreational Unlimited (ARU) Marina & Campgrounds, 1420 Great Lakes Avenue, ☎ . Fishing and boatramp. Located on the Ashtabula River upstream of the lift bridge. Open May 1 - November 1. Kid and pet friendly.
- Brockway Northcoast Marina & Campgrounds, 347 W. 24th St, ☎ . Pool, hot tub, fishing, boating. Located right on the Ashtabula River with access to Lake Erie.
- Luoma's Surfers Point Camping, 5654 Lake Road West (0.7 mile west of SR 45 on SR 531), ☎ . Lake Erie front campground with private beach and walking trail. Open May 15-October 15.
|Routes through Ashtabula|
|Cleveland ← Mentor ←||W E||→ Conneaut → Erie|
|Cleveland ← Mentor ←||W E||→ Conneaut → Erie|
|END ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Youngstown|