Astrid Lindgren was born 1907 in Vimmerby, and passed away 2002 in Stockholm, and is among the world's most read writers of children's books. Her works have been translated to 95 languages, and have sold more than 140 million copies worldwide.
|“||Everything great that happened in life, happened first in someone's fantasy.||”|
- 1 Astrid Lindgren's World (Vimmerby), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily mid May-Aug. Weekends in Sep.. An outdoor theme park in Astrid Lindgren's hometown. May & Sep: Adults 265 kr, children 200 kr. Jun-Aug: Adults 400 kr, children 300 kr.
- 2 Junibacken ([ˈjʉːniˈbakən]), Galärvarvsvägen, ☎ . Open Tue-Sun 10:00-17:00 Jan-May, daily 10:00-17:00 June, daily 09:00-18:00 July, daily 09:00-18:00 1-15 Aug, daily 10:00-17:00 16-31 Aug, Tue-Sun 10:00-17:00 September-December.. Astrid Lindgren, author of Pippi Longstocking, Karlsson-on-the-Roof and numerous other children's books, is by far Sweden's most popular writer of children's books. Located on the Djurgården island, like many other child-friendly attractions, Junibacken could be described as an indoor theme-park dedicated to the world of her (and a few other Swedish writers') stories. There is also a restaurant.
- 3 Astrid Lindgren's home. Astrid Lindgren lived in this Stockholm apartment from 1941 until her death in 2002. Open for visitors since November 2015. Reservations only.
- 4 Visby. The 1969 TV series Pippi Longstocking was recorded here.
- 5 Tegnérlunden (Stockholm/Vasastan). The prologue of Mio, My Child ("Mio, min Mio) is set here. The park also features a statue of Astrid Lindgren.
- 6 Lönneberga (Hultsfred). Setting of Emil of Lönneberga.
- 7 Filmbyn Småland (Mariannelund, Eksjö). The small town of Mariannelund featured in Emil of Lönneberga. The Emil films were shot here.
- 8 Sevedstorp (Vimmerby). A village that inspired the Bullerbyn (Noisy Village) series.
- 9 Norröra (Stockholm archipelago). The TV series Vi på Saltkråkan was recorded here. The story was to some extent inspired by Astrid's summers in Furusund.
- 10 Järsta gård (Brogården, Uppsala countryside). Stand-in for Junibacken when Madicken was recorded.
- 11 Söderköping. Town scenes of Madicken were recorded here.