The Uppsala countryside is the part of Uppsala municipality, Uppsala kommun, outside metropolitan Uppsala itself. Some 60,000 people live in Uppsala's suburbs and surrounding villages.
North and west
- UL, Uppsala County's transport company, operates bus lines to most settlements.
Uppsala is famous for its good bicycle infrastructure.
- Canoe up Fyrisån 7 km to Ulva Kvarn where you find a café and some small handicraft shops. Canoes can be rented at the Fyrishov camping.
- Linnaeus's Hammarby. Is a botanical garden, once run by Carl von Linné, founder of taxonomic biology. Today it is used as a museum for 18th century biology and farming.
- Järsta gård (Brogården, Uppsala countryside). In the Madicken films, this house was a stand-in for Junibacken. See also Astrid Lindgren tourism.
- Thun's. A discount store.