Poncey-Highland is a neighborhood of Atlanta named for the intersection of Ponce de Leon Ave and Highland Ave. This area includes Freedom Park and is adjacent to the Old Fourth Ward district.
Old Fourth Ward is a current district in Atlanta, which is a portion of what was once the Fourth Ward, back when the city of Atlanta was divided into wards prior to 1954.
MARTA Bus route #2 runs on Ponce de Leon Avenue between Avondale Station (E7) and North Avenue Station (N3). MARTA Bus route #16 runs from Downtown Atlanta to Highland Ave in the Poncey-Highland neighborhood via Ralph McGill Ave and Freedom Parkway.
- Jimmy Carter Presidential Library & Museum, 441 Freedom Parkway, ☎ . M-Sa 9AM - 4:45PM, Su 12PM - 4:45PM. One of ten presidential libraries administered by the National Archives & Records Administration and the only one in the Southeast, includes photographs, historical memorabilia from his presidency, an exact replica of the Oval Office, a permanent exhibit of significant events during Carter’s life and political career and the permanent home of the former president’s Nobel Peace Price awarded in late 2002. Adults $8, Students, Military and Seniors $6.
- Freedom Park.
- Babette's Cafe, 573 North Highland Ave. Rustic cafe decorated like a European farmhouse serving earthy seasonal fare.
- Sotto Sotto, 313 North Highland Ave. Basic pasta served in a sophisticated, simple setting is the trademark of this local favorite Italian restaurant.
- Fritti, 309 North Highland Ave, ☎ . European-style pizza next to its sister restaurant, Sotto Sotto.
- Pura Vida, 365 North Highland Ave. Vibrant locale in Poncey-Highland is one of the favorites for tapas in Atlanta.
- Jack's Pizza & Wings, 676 Highland Ave NE (South of Virginia & N. Highland), ☎ . 11:30-12. Pizza and dive bar atmosphere. Lots of original pizzas, e.g. soul food and mac & cheese with bacon. $$.
- Metalsome. Sing Karaoke with a live rock band backing you up.
- The Highland Inn. Quaint and unusual Poncey-Highlands inn surrounded by unique restaurants and coffee shops.