West Atlanta is the side of Atlanta that includes the neighborhoods Bankhead, Vine City, West End, Oakland City, Westview, and Riverside.
The district can be reached via I-20, I-285, and Langford Parkway.
By public transportation
MARTA East-West Line stops in Vine City, Ashby, Westlake, and H.E. Holmes Station, and Proctor Creek Line runs to Bankhead Station.
- 1 Historic West End. The Historic West End community dates back to the 1830s and features restored period homes and Victorian cottages.
- 2 Collier Heights. historic district with unique ranch-style homes.
- 3 Riverside. upscale suburban style community in the Upper Westside by the Chattahoochee River.
- 4 Bankhead.
- 5 English Avenue and Vine City.
- 6 Oakland City.
- 7 Westview.
- 8 Upper Westside. A suburban-style district at the Northwestern edge of the city limits by the Chattahoochee River and includes the newly remodeled communities of Whittier Village and Riverside.
- 9 Whittier Mill Village.
Parks and historic sights
- 1 Atlanta University Center. The Vine City area of Atlanta holds the country's largest concentration of African-American colleges dating back to the post-Civil War era- often referred to as the Atlanta University Center.
- 2 Wren's Nest (Joel Chandler Harris House). historical house museum known for storytelling
- 3 Westview Cemetery.
- 4 Hammonds House Museum, 503 Peeples Street, ☏ . W-F 10AM-6PM Sa Su 1PM-5PM. $4.00 Adults $2.00 Students & Seniors.
- 1 Maddox Park. Merged with the Westside Park to become the largest park in Atlanta, as part of the Beltline.
- 1 Bacchanalia, 1460 Ellsworth Industrial Blvd NW, ☏ . M-Sa 6PM-close. Consistently regarded as one of the best restaurants in Atlanta, and rated number one in the Atlanta Zagat guide for many years, Bacchnalia offers a seasonal five-course prix fixe continental menu using only the best organic and small-farm produce from its own Summerland Farm. Chefs Anne Quatrano and Clifford Harrison also received the coveted James Beard award for "Best Chef in the Southeast." $85 prix fixe menu.
- 2 Canoe, 4199 Paces Ferry Road, NW, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Fr 11:30AM-2:30PM (lunch), Su 10:30AM-2:30PM (brunch), M-Th 5:30PM-10PM, F-Sa 5:30PM-11PM, Su 5:30PM-9:30PM (dinner). Tucked away along the banks of the Chattahoochee River, Canoe has been recognized by Bon Appetit, Food and Wine, Gourmet and The New York Times for its excellent Southern cuisine. $11-$32.
- 3 JCT. Kitchen & Bar, 1198 Howell Mill Rd, Ste 18 (inside Atlanta's Westside Urban Market), ☏ . Lunch M-Th 11AM-2:30PM, F-Sa 11AM-2:30PM; Dinner M-Th 5PM-10PM, F-Sa 5PM-11PM, Su 5PM-9PM. Inspired by the "junction" of railroad lines near its home base, this restaurant infuses the down-home style of a country meal with the sophistication of a French bistro. $16-$29.
- 4 Osteria del Figo, 907 Marietta St Northwest. Fresh pasta at cheap prices makes this sunny eatery a favorite lunch spot.
- 5 West Egg Cafe, 1100 Howell Mill Road. Charming breakfast-all-day cafe that's part restaurant, part indie coffeehouse.
- 6 Six Feet Under (Westside), 685 11th St. Seafood restaurant and bar, features two nice patios and a descent sized menu. Popular with younger locals, can get busy on the weekends.
- 7 Nuevo Laredo Cantina, 1495 Chattahoochee Ave. Enormously popular Mexican food restaurant located in an industrial area. Consistently rated one of the best Mexican restaurants in the city, its food and reputation can make it a challenge to get a table during peak hours.
- 8 Antico Pizza, 1093 Hemphill Ave NW, ☏ . M-Sa 11:30AM-late evening (until out of dough). One of the best pizza restaurants in the U.S., according to Zagat. The Neapolitan pizzas come with just a few carefully-chosen fresh toppings each, and are cooking in a blazing hot stone oven for a tender, airy dough with a bit of crispiness on the bottom. Seating is cafeteria style, and if it's busy you may have to wait in line both to order and to find a seat. Large pizza $18-22. BYO beer and wine.
- 9 Busy Bee Cafe, 810 M.L. King, Jr, Dr, SW,, ☏ .
- Hankook Taqueria, 1341 Collier Rd NW, ☏ . Mo 11am -3pm; Tu - Sa 11am - 9pm; closed Sunday. Korean BBQ–style tacos and sesame fries.
- 1 Northside Tavern, 1058 Howell Mill Rd NW, ☏ . Music M-Sa from 10PM, Su 9PM-midnight. Fantastic live blues every night. Ignore the bars on the windows and the run-down exterior. When you step inside this dive bar, the all wood interior and rustic tables will make you forget the outside world. Drinks are cheap, and on weekends there will probably be a crowd dancing swing or blues. Cover F-Sa $10.
- 1 Crown Motel, 2840 M.L.K. Jr Dr SW, ☏ . On I-285, there is an off-ramp for M.L.K. Jr Drive SW. Go east from the I-285 intersection along MLK Jr. Drive until you reach the Crown Motel
|Routes through West|
|END ←||W E||→ Downtown → East Atlanta|
|Doraville ← Downtown ←||N S||→ East Point → Hartsfield-Jackson ATL|
|Sandy Springs ← Downtown ←||N S||→ East Point → Hartsfield-Jackson ATL|