Jump to navigation Jump to search
South Atlanta contains the neighborhoods:
- 1 Grant Park. A historical district in the area. Besides the park itself, this area includes Zoo Atlanta and Cyclorama.
- 2 Mechanicsville.
- 3 Peoplestown.
- 4 Lakewood Heights.
To get to Grant Park, take MARTA Bus #397 from King Memorial Station. By car, exit from I-20 at Blvd SE.
- Chick-fil-A Home Office Backstage Tour, 5200 Buffington Road.
- 1 Cellairis Amphitheatre (Lakewood Amphitheater). Attend a concert or event
- 2 Oakland Cemetery, 48 Oakland Avenue, ☏ . Historic graveyard (established 1850) which is the burial site of Margaret Mitchell, Bobby Jones, and many Civil War soldiers.
- 3 Zoo Atlanta (next to Cyclorama), ☏ . Open every day 9:30AM-4:30PM; Sa-Su during daylight savings time 9:30AM-5:30PM; closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day. This zoo specializes in primates and African animals but also has Giant Pandas, Bornean Sumatran orangutans, Asian small-clawed otters, and a childrens' zoo. $20.99 (adults); $16.99 (seniors); $15.99 (children).
- Daddy D'z: The Bar-B-Que Joynt, 264 Memorial Drive, ☏ . Mon-Thur 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-12:30am, Sun 12pm- 9:30pm. Excellent Bar-B-Que in a small building with a lot of character. $9-$16.
- Ria's Bluebird, 421 Memorial Dr SE, ☏ . 8am-3pm. Hip breakfast restaurant, voted "best pancakes in world" by NY Times. Come early or be prepared to wait. $5-$13.
- 1 The Social Goat Bed And Breakfast, 548 Robinson Avenue, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 4:00pm-7:00pm, check-out: 11:00am.
|Routes through South|
|Doraville ← Downtown ←||N S||→ East Point → Hartsfield-Jackson ATL|
|Sandy Springs ← Downtown ←||N S||→ East Point → Hartsfield-Jackson ATL|