South Atlanta is a district in Atlanta.
Grant Park is a historical district in the area. Besides the park itself, this area includes Zoo Atlanta and Cyclorama.
MARTA East/West Line stops at King Center Station. Interstate 75, Interstate 20, and Freedom Parkway provide access by car.
To get to Grant Park, take MARTA Bus #397 from King Memorial Station. By car, exit from I-20 at Blvd SE.
- Atlanta Cyclorama & Civil War Museum, 800C Cherokee Ave. S.E. (next to Zoo Atlanta), ☎ . Learn about Atlanta's Civil War History at this 100-year old attraction; home of the world's largest painting, which tells the history of the 1864 Battle of Atlanta through a massive circular painting and narrated dialogue. The painting is about 4-stories high and 358 feet in circumference, making it almost the same area as a football field. The name "cyclorama" comes from the display technique for this historical painting; as visitors watch from stadium seating the entire painting is rotated around them. The accompanying museum is also the home of the historic Civil War locomotive, "TEXAS" (hero of the "Great Train Race"). $8 (Adults), $7 (Seniors), $6 (Children).
- Chick-fil-A Home Office Backstage Tour, 5200 Buffington Road.
- Attend a concert or event at Lakewood Amphitheater
- 1 Oakland Cemetery, 48 Oakland Avenue, ☎ . Historic graveyard (established 1850) which is the burial site of Margaret Mitchell, Bobby Jones, and many Civil War soldiers.
- 2 Zoo Atlanta (next to Cyclorama), ☎ . Open every day 9:30AM-4:30PM; Sa-Su during daylight savings time 9:30AM-5:30PM; closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day. This zoo specializes in primates and African animals but also has Giant Pandas, Bornean Sumatran orangutans, Asian small-clawed otters, and a childrens' zoo. $20.99 (adults); $16.99 (seniors); $15.99 (children).
- Daddy D'z: The Bar-B-Que Joynt, 264 Memorial Drive, ☎ . Mon-Thur 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-12:30am, Sun 12pm- 9:30pm. Excellent Bar-B-Que in a small building with a lot of character. $9-$16.
- Ria's Bluebird, 421 Memorial Dr SE, ☎ . 8am-3pm. Hip breakfast restaurant, voted "best pancakes in world" by NY Times. Come early or be prepared to wait. $5-$13.
- Ramada Plaza Atlanta Airport, 5010 Old National Hwy, ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. Free shuttle service to and from the airport and to the nearby MARTA (metro) station. Amenities include full-service restaurant and bar on-site, pool and fitness center, business center, free parking. $99+.
- 1 The Social Goat Bed And Breakfast, 548 Robinson Avenue, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 4:00pm-7:00pm, check-out: 11:00am.
|Routes through South|
|Doraville ← Downtown ←||N S||→ East Point → Hartsfield-Jackson ATL|
|Sandy Springs ← Downtown ←||N S||→ East Point → Hartsfield-Jackson ATL|