Bad Kreuznach is a spa town on the river Nahe located in the Rhineland-Palatinate region (Rheinland-Pfalz) of Germany and is the center of the Nahe wine region. With a lengthy history as a center for baths and spas, Bad Kreuznach is where the region's best restaurants and hotels are.
There are a number of regional lines providing connect to the town from Saarbrücken, Neunkirchen (Saarland), Idar-Oberstein, Mainz, Kaiserslautern and Bingen. In the summer this is also the excursion train Nahetal-Express from Wiesbaden.
From the A 60 just south of Bingen, take the B 41 toward Bad Sobernheim.
- Dr. Faust Haus, Magister-Faust-Gasse 47. reputed to be the residence of the magician Johannes Faust in the 16th century
- Kurviertel (Spa Quarter).
- Brückenhäuser ( Bridge Houses). unique site which date back to the 1400's and are represented in the town's coat of arms.
- The Römerhalle, Hüffelsheimer Straße 11. of particular note. The museum, built on a former smallholding, exhibits artifacts from excavations carried out in Kreuznach and the surrounding area, where a Roman villa was also uncovered. Of particular interest are the 3th century mosaic floors, including one depicting Oceanus, the sea god in his element, and one depicting gladiators in combat. A Roman heating system (hypocaust) has also been uncovered for display. From here, you can enjoy a stroll in the park with its tropical trees and ponds, and visit the castle park museum.
- Der Wolpertinger, Kornmarkt 1, ☎ . The staff speaks fluent English, as this town used to service a U.S. Army base. The menus are bilingual as well. The food is traditional German cuisine and will make you cry out of sheer joy. This is the place you take friends and relatives to eat to show how wise you are. Der Wolpertinger is a mythological creature with sharp canines and wings.
- Ristorante Bella Vista, Kaiser-Wilhelm-Straße 16, ☎ .
- Nahetal-Jugendherberge Bad Kreuznach, Rheingrafenstraße 53, ☎ .
- Burg Hotel, Moschellandsberg 2, Obermoschel, ☎ . It is a well priced hotel with friendly staff and nice rooms in Obermoschel (10km from Bad Kreuznach). They have a restaurant and sauna facilities.
- Hotel Quellenhof, Nachtigallenweg 2, ☎ .