North America > United States of America > New England > Maine > Greater Portland > Casco Bay > Bailey IslandJump to navigation Jump to search
- By car, down US Route 24.
- By ferry, from Portland on Casco Bay Lines.
Visitors will enjoy the sight of lobster traps stacked in the front yard of houses on Bailey Island.
- Bailey Island Bridge, Route 24 (between Bailey Island and Orr's Island). A crib bridge built with granite slabs that allows the water to flow through. If you drive to Bailey Island, you will cross the bridge.
- Real Time Charters. Charter a fishing tour with Captain Bruce Almeida.
- Glenn's (on Mackerel Cove). Lobster fresh off the boats. Single lobsters at wholesale prices. (e.g. $5/lb Aug 13, 2006)
- Cook's Lobster House Restaurant, US Route 24, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 11:30AM-9PM. Good lobster. Was made famous with the Visa commercials "You better bring your Visa card, because they don't take American Express".
- Giant Stairs Take-out, US Route 24. Get lobster rolls, fish 'n' chips, etc. to go in a handy handled paper bag. Take your picnic to Giant Steps, eat, and then climb around on the rocks.
- Cook's Island View Motel, 2041 Harpswell Island Rd, ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 10AM.
- The Bailey Island Motel, Route 24, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com.