Jump to navigation Jump to search
Balkan Province is the western region of Turkmenistan, spanning the western Karakum and much of the Caspian Basin.
- 1 Balkanabat — an oil and gas center at the foot of the Balkan Daglary mountains.
- 2 Bereket — (formerly Gazandzhyk) a railway town.
- 3 Esenguly — a small remote at the southwest of the region on the Caspian Sea.
- 4 Garabogaz — a town at the narrow strait separating the gigantic Garabogaz Lagoon from the Caspian Sea.
- 5 Gyzyletrek — a small border town on a rarely traveled road to Gorgan, Iran.
- 6 Gumdag — small railway town.
- 7 Serdar — a medium-sized city northwest of Ashgabat.
- 8 Turkmenbashi — Turkmenistan's port on the Caspian, with a few beach hotels.
- Dakhistan — the ruins of an impossibly remote Silk Road city, home to Shir-Kabir mausoleum.