The main road of East Bandung is the major west-east road that runs from the Pasteur toll road exit in Northwest Bandung via Dago and East Bandung towards Cileunyi (with further road connections from there to Sumedang and Garut). In addition, Jl. Jendral A Yani is a main road straight from Central Bandung to the Cicaheum bus terminal in East Bandung.
The main public transport hub of East Bandung is 1 Cicaheum bus terminal. The terminal is served by long-distance buses with destinations to the east of Bandung, including Garut, East Parahyangan, Cirebon, Central Java, East Java, and Bali. In addition, there are several city bus and angkot (public minivan) routes from and to the terminal, including DAMRI-operated bus route 9 that runs to the other main bus terminal, Leuwi Panjang, in South Bandung, which serves long-distance buses to and from destinations to the west. Cicaheum terminal is also served by two lines of the Trans Metro Bandung (TMB) network of bus rapid transit, to South and Northwest Bandung.
Angkots follow a fixed route (there are various routes throughout the city), but there is no fixed schedule and there are no fixed stops. To get on, simply raise your hand. To get off, shout "Kiri!" to the driver, so he will pull over on the left (Indonesian: kiri) side of the road. The price of an angkot ride within the city is usually about Rp2,000 to 5,000. It is best to ask a local which angkot route to take, and how to recognise the location you want to get off. From Cichaeum terminal, there are angkot routes to among others Kebon Kelapa terminal in Central Bandung and Ledeng terminal in Northwest Bandung. There are additional angkot routes serving most major streets of East Bandung.
There are a few railway stations with scheduled train services, along the southside of East Bandung. From west to east, these are 2 Cikudapateuh railway station, 3 Kiaracondong railway station (abbreviated Kircon), and 4 Cimekar railway station. Each of these stations is served by a few daily local trains to other stations in the city, as well as suburbs such as Cimahi. Kiaracondong station in addition serves a range of economy-class long-distance trains to and from Jakarta and Central and East Java. For travelling by public transport within the city, it is usually easier and faster to use buses and angkot (public minivans). For long-distance business and executive class trains, you will need to travel from Bandung's main railway station in Central Bandung.
- 1 Pasir Kunci (culture village). Village on the foothills on the northeastern side of Bandung. The village aims to retain elements of traditional Sundanese culture, arts, and cuisine, and is set in the middle of paddy fields.
Most of Bandung's colonial heritage is concentrated in the city centre, as well as the upper-class residential areas in North Bandung. In East Bandung there were traditionally only few Dutch colonials, and therefore the number of colonial buildings is also limited. However, there are still a few interesting buildings (mostly in the part bordering North and Central Bandung).
- 2 Kologdam Building (Jaarbeurs), Jl. Aceh. Built in 1920 as the main building of the Jaarbeurs Bandung (annual trade fair), to a design by architect Wolff Schoemaker combining New Indies Style, influences of Frank Lloyd Wright and Amsterdam School architecture. The building is now used as a meeting and training location for the Western Java division of the Indonesian army.
- 3 Maranatha Protestant Church (GPIB Maranatha; Oosterkerk), ☏ . Protestant church designed by F. W. Brinkman, opened in 1926 as Oosterkerk (Dutch for East Church).
- 1 Saung Angklung Udjo, Jl. Padasuka No.118, ☏ . 9:00-17:00. Angklung is a traditional Sundanese musical instrument, made by bamboo. Udjo Nalagena, a famous angklung artist, created an Angklung House in East Bandung, where angklung instruments are made, learned and played. You can enjoy an angklung concert played by the orchestra (which includes both adults and children), combined with a dance performance. The concert is interactive, with the spectators invited to hold small angklungs and join. The place is in the middle of padi terrace and bamboo field, a perfect location to feel the relaxedness of a small village. There is a small café and a souvenir shop at the venue. It is one of the most popular travel destinations in Bandung, and it is highly recommended. Performances usually take place both in the morning and in the afternoon. Indonesians Rp 50,000; foreigners Rp80,000.
- 2 Bandung Giri Gahana Golf, Jalan Raya Jatinangor KM. 20, Jatinangor (about 6 km east of East Bandung), ☏ . 18 holes golf course. From Rp760,500.
- 3 Graha Tirta Siliwangi Waterpark, Jl. Lombok No. 10 (Siliwangi stadium complex), ☏ . Water recreation park with various swimming pools. Rp50,000.
- 1 Kedai Selasih, Jl. Cikutra Baru VI No. 34, ☏ . Sun-Fri 8:00-22:00, Sat 8:00-23:00. Somewhat hidden but rather large restaurant. A variety of dishes, from Sundanese to Chinese, and from Western to Japanese. Main courses from Rp15,000.
- 2 Jigoku Ramen, Jl. Cikutra No.143, ☏ . Sat-Thu 10:00-22:00; Fri closed. Popular budget Japanese ramen restaurant.
- 3 Parit 9 Seafood, Jl. Anggrek No. 61, ☏ . Daily 10:00-22:00. Seafood restaurant with many types of fish and seafood for sale per 100 grams.
- 4 Waroenk Nenek, Jl. A.H Nasution No. 178. Daily 9:00-22:30. Restaurant with a nice atmosphere. Menu includes chicken, duck, fried rice, and steak.
- 5 Salam Sereh Resto, Jl. WR. Supratman No. 25, ☏ . Sundanese restaurant. Also Chinese and Western dishes available.
- 6 90 Gourmet, Jl. R.E. Martadinata No. 90, ☏ . Mon-Fri 11:00-22:00, Sat-Sun 11:00-23:00. International restaurant.
- 7 Karnivor12, Jl. R.E. Martadinata (Riau) No. 127 (Between intersection of Cihapit street and intersection of Scout Garden (Taman Pramuka)), ☏ . Mon-Fri 11:00-22:00, Sat-Sun 11:00-23:00. Steak (beef and chicken) restaurant, but cannot cook well of Korean steak, so BibimBeef is not recommended, but the other European and Indonesian steaks (such as chicken wings) are relatively Ok for the price. Rp39,000 to Rp99,000.
- 8 Glosis Grill & Bar, Jl. Citarum No.12, ☏ . Sun-Thu 11:00-22:30, Sat 11:00-23:00. Steaks, ribs, and salads.
Snacks, ice cream, and pastry
- 9 Bawean Bakery (formerly Sweetheart Bakery), Jl. Bawean 4, ☏ . Established in 1946, the name was Sweetheart Bakery until they changed it name during the New Order regime. The new name is taken from the shop location at Jalan Bawean. Their specialties are cakes baked using rum; such as nougat rolls, brownies and similar. This alcoholic ingredient make their cakes taste a bit bitter but preservable for a week.
- 10 Prima Rasa, Jl. Kemuning No. 20, ☏ . Daily 6:00-20:00. The main contender of Kartika Sari, similar products but some of the pastries has an added modern touch. Its best-selling product includes the Picnic Roll, a box of assorted sweet and savory pastries.
- 1 Public Bar, Jl. R.E. Martadinata No. 90 (90 Gourmet restaurant building, 2nd floor), ☏ . Daily from 16:00.
- 1 The Posters Hotel MICE, Jl. P.H.H. Mustofa No. 33A, ☏ . No swimming pool From Rp280,000.
- 2 Hotel Mitra, Jl. WR. Supratman No.98, ☏ , fax: . 3 stars, has semi open rooftop swimming pool with roof over the swimming pool to avoid rain. $26 for 32 meter square Deluxe Room without breakfast or $41 with breakfast. Due to Deluxe Room is large, with twin beds can accommodate for 2 adults plus 2 children without any additional charge, but if need an extra bed should pay additional Rp 200,000. There are also cheaper $36 for 24 meter square Superior Room with breakfast, usually no Superior Room without breakfast is offered.
- 3 Prime Park Hotel Bandung, Jl. P.H.H. Mustofa No.47/57, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 4 stars. Has free WiFi in all rooms and has rooftop swimming pool. In Eastern Bandung, about 6 km from the city centre. About Rp800,000 for Business Traveller Room, about Rp2,000,000 for Business Executive Room.
- 1 [formerly dead link] Provincial police headquarters (Polda Jawa Barat), Jl. Soekarno Hatta No. 748, ☏ . Headquarters of the police for West Java province.
- 2 Central Bandung police base (Polresta Bandung Tengah), Jl. Jend. Ahmad Yani No. 282, ☏ .
Hospitals with 24 hour emergency units