Banqiao has a Taiwan High Speed Rail station and is on the blue line (Yongning side) of the MRT.
- 1 HSR Banciao Station (高鐵 板橋站), No. 7, Section 2, Xianmin Boulevard. The station connects the Taiwan High Speed Rail, TRA, and Taipei Metro systems.
The city is also on the Taiwanese Railway System, which is cheaper than the Taiwan High Speed Rail, but much slower.
- 2 Banqiao Bus Station (板橋公車站).
Arts & culture
- 1 Lin Family Mansion and Garden. One of the best examples of Qing-era Chinese architecture in Taiwan. It was built in 1888.
- 2 Banqiao 435 Art Zone (板橋435藝文特區), No. 435, Zhongzheng Rd, ☏ . Daily 09:00-17:00.
Parks & nature
- 3 Xinhai Constructed Wetland (新海人工溼地), Section 4, Huanhe West Road.
- 4 Stone Sculpture Park (石雕公園), Lane 50, Wufeng Road. A park near the wetlands with a number of statues.
- 5 New Banqiao Central Park (新板萬坪都會公園), No. 1A, Xinfu Road, ☏ .
- 6 Lin Family Mansion and Garden (林本源園邸), No. 9號, Ximen Street, ☏ . Daily 09:00-17:00. Constructed in 1847, it is regarded to be Taiwan's most complete surviving example of traditional Chinese garden architecture.
- 7 Jiangzicui Scenic Riverside Park (江子翠景觀河濱公園), ☏ .
- 8 Cihui Mazu Temple (板橋慈惠宮), ☏ .
- 9 Jieyun Temple (板橋接雲寺), No. 69, Ximen Street, ☏ .
- 10 Shenqiu Fude Temple (福德宮).
- 11 Saint John's Church (板橋天主堂), No. 430, Bancheng Road, ☏ .
- 12 Taiwan Toy Museum (臺灣玩具博物館), No. 435, Zhongzheng Rd, ☏ . Daily 10:00-17:00.
- 1 Banqiao Stadium (板橋體育場). A walkable distance from Banqiao station, the stadium has a seating capacity of 30,000. The stadium hosts a number of events (mostly football).
- 1 Banqiao Flower Market (板橋花市). Tu-Su 09:00-17:00. A long market selling plants and gardening ware which is located under an elevated roadway.
- Andy Cuisine Restaurant （泰味廚房）， Banqiao City, Taipei County. 板橋市華興街58號 Banqiao City, Huaxing Street No. 58 this is the main restaurant but they have other branches at the Xinpu MRT stop and Jiangzicui MRT stop. Food is out of this world. Curries, Bbq'd chicken/pork, salads are good. Spicy though, just ask for "xiao la" (pronounced "shaow la") if you would like it not as hot. It's off two MRT stops on the Yongning-Nangang MRT station just minutes from downtown Taibei. 
- 1 Nanya Night Market (南雅夜市). Daily 15:00-01:00.
- 1 G+9, No. 232, Guoguang Road, ☏ . 09:30-23:00. Fried chicken, ribs, and craft beer.
Although Banqiao is one of the most urbanized areas in New Taipei City, it is still a small town. There are no major chain hotels and it would be easier to find a hotel and stay in Taipei and visit Banqiao for a couple of hours as it only takes a few minutes to go from downtown Taipei to Banqiao. There are, however, some small hotels that are relatively unknown to foreigners. The prices are often lower in these hotels.