Barnstable village is a village in Barnstable on Cape Cod in Massachusetts. Barnstable village is the most historical of the seven Barnstable villages with an old-time feel due to the many old residences and municipal buildings in the village. Several of Plymouth's surviving Pilgrim families moved here to settle. The village's sheltered harbor made it a natural place for commerce.
Barnstable village lies on Route 6a along the north shore of Cape Cod on Cape Cod Bay. Access Route 6a from exit 6 (Route 132) and go north, at Route 6a turn right (eastbound).
- Sturgis Library, Rt. 6A (Route 6a.), ☎ . Oldest library in the country (1644). Genealogical and maritime history collections, charts and maps.
- Trayser Museum, 3352 Rte 6A (Route 6a), ☎ . Coast Guard Heritage Museum
- Barnstable Comedy Club, Village Hall, Main Street (Route 6a), ☎ (General Information), (Box Office). The oldest and longest running Community Theater in Massachusetts.
- West Barnstable Train Station, 2469 Meetinghouse Way (Route 149), West Barnstable (On Route 149 at the railroad crossing near Route 6A.), ☎ . open Saturdays 9AM to 3PM May to October. Railroad museum for Cape Cod railroad history, scenic train ride tickets on sale up until train departure 11:55AM.
- Cape Cod Community College, 2240 Iyannough Road, West Barnstable, ☎ (General Information), (Box Office).
- Barnstable Restaurant and Tavern, 3176 Main St, ☎ . Lunch and Dinner year round. Beyond the ordinary at decent prices. Italian a specialty.
- Mattakeese Wharf, 271 Mill Way, ☎ . Lunch and dinner May through October. Nice Harbor setting (eat on the deck!) and great seafood. $15-$30 at dinner.
- Osterville Fish Too, 275 Millway, ☎ . Fish market with a walk-up window located on an inlet in the sleepy northern section of Barnstable. While fresh seafood is never truly cheap on the Cape, this is one of the more affordable spots. The menu is simple and the food is well executed. It's hard to beat eating fresh fish & chips on a sunny day in sight of where the fishing boats come in.
- Cape Cod's Lamb and Lion Inn, 2504 Main St, ☎ . Top shelf B&B.
- Ashley Manor, 3660 Olde King’s Highway, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Honeysuckle Hill Bed & Breakfast, 591 Old King's Highway, West Barnstable, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com.
- High Pointe Bed and Breakfast, 70 High Street, West Barnstable, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: . $125-$195.
|Routes through Barnstable Village|
|Bourne ← West Barnstable ←||W E||→ Yarmouth → Eastham|