It has a population of about 2,440 people, and the elevation is 1,960 feet. The town of Belcourt is the only town on the Turtle Mountain Reservation, which is in the north-central portion of Rolette County.
Father George Belcourt was a pioneer priest among the Chippewa people. The town, which was originally called Turtle Mountain, was renamed in his honor in 1888.
- By car: from Churchs Ferry exit off US Highway 2, about 62 miles north and west on US Highway 281.
- Turtle Mountain Chippewa Heritage Center, Highway 5, ☏ . M-F 8AM-5PM; Sa 10AM-3PM. Cultural heritage of the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa, includes a museum, art gallery, sculpture gardens and gift shop.
- Turtle Mountain Speedway, ☏ .
- The Mini Casino (Off Highway 5), ☏ . Slot machines and pull tabs. Open 24 hours.
- Sky Dancer Casino (US 281 & Hwy 5, 4.5 mi W of Belcourt), ☏ , toll-free: , fax: . Slot machines, blackjack, poker.
- Skydancer Hotel and Casino (US 281 & Hwy 5, 4.5 mi W of Belcourt), ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Queen of Peace Retreat Center and Bed and Breakfast, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Belcourt Lake, Gordon Lake, Jarvis Lake, Wheaton Lake. Primitive. North of Belcourt.
|Routes through Belcourt|
|Brandon ← Dunseith ←||N S||→ Rolla → Churchs Ferry|
|Crosby ← Dunseith ←||W E||→ Rolla → Cavalier|