Bellagio is a city in Lombardy, Italy, situated at the picturesque junction of the three legs of Lake Como. Many celebrities are known to pass through this small Italian town. This fame has become somewhat of a point of pride and some stores display pictures of famous people who have passed through. The name of the town and some of its looks are used by the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas.
- 1 Ferries (Gestione Governativa Navigazione Laghi). connect the village with nearby villages sitting on the shores of the lake, as well as with the towns of Como and Lecco at the SW and SE ends of the lake.
- 1 Villa Melzi, Via Melzi d'Eril. Late Mar – Oct 9:30am–6:30pm. Tickets include entrance to the neo-classical Chapel, and the museum, as well as the garden. €6.50.
- 2 Villa Serbelloni, Piazza della Chiesa, 14 (Meeting point at the Promobellagio office in the medieval stone tower in the main square (near the church of St. Giacomo) in the upper part of the historic centre (10 minutes walk from the ferry pier).). Mid-Mar–Oct Tu–Su only by guided tours (min. 6 people) at 11am and 3:30pm (2:30pm during solar time). Don't confuse it with the nearby Grandhotel Villa Serbelloni, which has the same name. A tour lasts 1h30 and involves uphill walking. The tourist guide studied in Oxford and has excellent English. She tells you interesting stories about the villa (no visits inside), such as that Napoleon was here and that it was owned by a member of the Rockefeller family. €9.
Take a cruise around the lake.
- Riverside Snack Bar. This family run bar and restaurant is only open for five months of the year during the summer season and is popular with both tourists and locals for its fantastic rustic food and friendly atmosphere. The younger staff members all speak excellent English. It is situated right on the lake so is a nice place to stop and rest and grab a bite during the hottest hours of the day.
- Hotel Fioroni. €100.
- Menaggio – a town across the lake, on the western shore
- Tremezzina – a town directly to the west across the lake, home to Villa del Balbianello and Villa Carlotta
- Varenna – a village on the eastern lakeshore to the north, home to Villa Monastero