North America > United States of America > New England > Connecticut > Litchfield Hills > Bethel (Connecticut)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The town is easily accessible from Interstate 84 and has a train station on the Danbury Branch of Metro-North's New Haven line.
Bethel has no public transportation, and no sidewalks, (with the exception of downtown). Driving is the only option.
- 1 Greenwood Avenue Historic District (roughly along Greenwood Ave., P.T. Barnum Sq., Depot Pl., and South St). It includes 29 contributing buildings, 5 non-contributing buildings, and the town green, P. T. Barnum Square. It includes the Bethel Public Library, a former railroad station converted into a brewery, and a World War I Doughboy bronze statue sculpted by Ernest Moore Viquesney in P.T. Barnum Square.
- Blue Jay Orchards, 125 Plumtrees Rd. Pick-your-own apple orchard and apple cider.
- PT Barnum Birthplace, 55 Greenwood Ave.
- Bethel Cinema, 269 Greenwood Avenue, ☏ . Shows foreign and domestic independent films, and hosts the Connecticut Film Festival each December.
- 1 Sky Zone Bethel. - located in Bethel
- Sycamore Drive-In Restaurant, 282 Greenwood Avenue. An authentic 1950s era drive in.
- Plain Jane's Restaurant, 208 Greenwood Avenue.
- New Colony Diner, 14 Stony Hill Road.
- One Front Street, 1 Front Street.
- Putnam House Restaurant, 12 Depot Place.
Italian and pizzeria
- Famous Pizza, 1 PT Barnum Square
- Armando's, 47 Stony Hill Road.
- Pizzeria Lauretano, 291 Greenwood Ave.
- Rizzuto's Wood-Fired Pizza Kitchen & Bar, 6 Stony Hill Road.
- La Zingara 8 PT Barnum Square
- La Fortuna, 37 Stony Hill Road.
- Bethel Pizza House, 206 Greenwood Avenue.
- Bethel Chinese Kitchen, 46 Grassy Plain Street.
- Ming Garden Restaurant, 211 Greenwood Avenue.
- Empire Szechuan, 85 Stony Hill Road.
- Cadiz, 269 Greenwood Avenue.
- San Miguel Restaurant 8 PT Barnum Square
- Old Heidelberg, 55 Stony Hill Road.
- Molten Java, 213 Greenwood Avenue, ☏ . M Tu 6:15AM - 8PM, W 6:15AM - 9PM, Th F 6:15AM - 10PM, Sa 7AM - 10PM, Su 8AM - 8PM. Community-centered coffee house, cafe, art gallery and music venue, a meeting place for the community, and a venue for artists and musicians to share their talents.
- Best Western Berkshire Inn, 11 Stony Hill Road, ☏ , fax: .
- Best Western Stony Hill Inn, 46 Stony Hill Road, ☏ , fax: .
- Bethel/Danbury Microtel Inn & Suites, 80 Benedict Road, ☏ , fax: .
- Danbury is about 10 minutes away. It's home to Western Connecticut State University, Danbury Fair Mall, and other attractions
- New Haven is about 60 minutes away. It's home to Yale University and the New Haven Harbor
- Hartford is about 70 minutes away. It's home to the State Capitol and many theaters
- New York City is about 130 minutes away. It's home to many attractions including the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, Central Park, and many museums and shops
|Routes through Bethel|
|Central Valley-Harriman ← Danbury ←||W E||→ Newtown → Bristol|
|Stamford ← Ridgefield ←||SW NE||→ Danbury → END|