Ridgefield is a town in Connecticut.
Westchester County Airport (HPN IATA)  Located in White Plains, New York. Distanced at about 40 minutes away, it is a public airport served by eight different airlines including Air Canada. The airport features one three-level terminal with six different gate spaces. The small airport has become popular for its non-stop destination flights and for avoiding the crowds and long lines you would encounter in major airports.
Metro-North Railroad - Branchville Station, 47 US Hwy 7 & 787 Branchville Road. Part of the New Haven line that goes through New Haven, Fairfield, Westchester, Bronx, New York and Hudson counties. Frequented by commuters and visitors going into New York City. The train station is located 54 miles away from Grand Central Terminal with a travel time of 1 hour and 38 minutes.
Be aware that Ridgefield has many speed traps, so stay below the speed limit to avoid tickets.
- Connecticut Limo (800) 472-5466, . Offers transportation one-way or round-trip to airports including JFK, LaGuardia, Bradley and Newark. Private cars, limos and party buses are also available to charter.
- Regency Limousine Inc. (800) 243-5606, . Features a 24-hour service including holidays and travels from anywhere within Fairfield County to wherever your desired destination is located. A flat-rate schedule from Fairfield County to any major airport in the Northeast is available upon request through the official website, where you can also make reservations online.
- The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum, 258 Main Street, ☏ . Open Tuesday-Sunday 12noon-5pm, Admission: $7/Adults, $4/College Students, and FREE admission on Tuesdays only. Newly renovated and expanded, the Aldrich Museum features diverse exhibitions featuring both established and emerging artists. Educational programs and workshops for both children and adults are offered at the museum. Optional walk through tours are also offered along with the admission fee.
- Ballard Park. The park is located in the center of town, on the corner of Main Street and Gilbert Street. The park was donated to the town in 1964 by the estate of Elizabeth Ballard, and features five acres of beautiful trees, plants, and flowers. In addition to the green, there is a gazebo and popular children’s playground in the park. The park is home to weekly concerts in the summer and other town events. The entrance has recently been renovated and made into a larger focal point in the downtown area.
- The Ridgefield Playhouse, 80 East Ridge Street, ☏ . A beautifully restored auditorium now features a stage with high quality lighting and sounds for musical and dance performances, retractable curtains and screen for movie showings and a venue for community events like the Ridgefield Symphony Orchestra Concert and the Annual Town Meeting. Upcoming events, shows and movie listings can be found on the official website.
- Ridgefield Thrift Shop, 15 Catoonah Street, ☏ . Typical thrift shop with a large variety of items including men’s and women’s apparel, jewelry, accessories such as belts and handbags, furniture, books, and fabric. The shop is updated with season appropriate items and everything is sold at extremely reasonable and low prices. A section of luxury apparel featuring designer brand names Hermes and Chanel has recently been added to the store.
- Elms Inn, 500 Main Street, ☏ . Experience the acclaimed “Yankee Cuisine” of Chef Brendan Walsh at the award-winning Elms Restaurant & Tavern. Housed in an 18th century clapboard inn, the restaurant and tavern welcome guests into a 21st century food lover’s haven worthy of four star ratings, and Wine Spectator’s prestigious Award of Excellence.
- Chez Lenard. A gourmet hot dog stand located on the sidewalks on downtown Main Street. A unique French spin on the classic hot dog stand, the server dons a chef’s hat and the menu features many different combinations of condiments. The hot dog stand has become a Ridgefield staple since it began in 1978, and has since expanded with additional carts and a catering service.
- Caputo’s East Ridge Café, 5 Grove Street, ☏ . Open Sun-Thurs 11:30am-1:00am and Fri-Sat 11:30am-2:00am. An Italian style restaurant set in a continental style venue. The restaurant features a cocktail lounge, dining room and seasonal outdoor seating. The four different menus include Brunch, Luncheon, Dinner and a shortened bar menu. Delicious food, generous portions and all at reasonable prices.
- The Elms Inn, 500 Main Street. A 1799 Historic New England Inn set among 3 acres of grounds and gardens, The Elms Inn includes 23 rooms and suites.
- West Lane Inn, 22 West Lane, ☏ . Located in the historical district of Ridgefield, right off of Main Street. The Inn was built in 1849 and combines the beautiful colonial style with the highest service. A complimentary continental breakfast is included with your reservation and can be enjoyed in the Inn’s terrace or breakfast room. Bernard’s restaurant is also located right next door to the hotel and offers some of Ridgefield’s finest dining.
|Routes through Ridgefield|
|Pittsfield ← Danbury ←||N S||→ Wilton → Norwalk|
|Stamford ← Wilton ←||SW NE||→ Bethel → Danbury|