Norwalk is a city in Fairfield County, in the state of Connecticut in the United States of America. It includes the villages of: East Norwalk, West Norwalk, Cranbury, Silvermine, Winnipauk, Wilson Point, Harbor View, Rowayton and South Norwalk, known locally as "SoNo." Norwalk, probably due mostly to its proximity to New York City, is home to many large companies.
- Westchester County Airport is a medium sized airport in Westchester County, with flights coming and going nationwide. It is about 30 minutes away.
- Laguardia Airport is a major airport in Queens, with flights going and coming worldwide. It is about 50 minutes away.
- Tweed-New Haven Airport is a small airport in New Haven, with flights going and coming from Philadelphia. It is about 50 minutes away.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport is a major airport in Queens, with flights going and coming worldwide. It is about 60 minutes away.
- Newark International Airport is a major airport in Newark, with flights going and coming worldwide. It is about 80 minutes away.
- Stewart International Airport is an airport is Newburgh, NY, with flights going and coming from Atlanta, Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Detroit, and Philadelphia. It is about 80 minutes away.
- Bradley International Airport is a major airport in Windsor Locks, with flights going and coming worldwide. It is about 90 minutes away.
- Norwalk is on the MetroNorth New Haven main line, as well as the Danbury branch of the MetroNorth New Haven line.
- I-95 or Route 15 are highways that allow access to Norwalk.
Norwalk has plenty of public transportation, buses and trains that create easy access to places all over the city. Train stations make it easy to get into Norwalk from all over the area. Most places can also be reached on foot within the different sections of the city.
- The Maritime Aquarium, 10 North Water St, ☏ . Daily 10AM-5PM (Jul, Aug until 6PM). Great aquarium, plus lots of hands-on exhibits, and an IMAX theater. You can feed the seals. Check out the surreal jellyfish exhibit. Other animals include sharks, different varieties of stingrays, colorful poisonous frogs, and big turtles. $22.95 adults.
- Lockwood Mathews Mansion Museum, 295 West Avenue, ☏ . Located in beautiful South Norwalk, the museum gives tourists a chance to go inside a landmark of the city.
- Rowayton Arts Center, 145 Rowayton Av, ☏ . Located in the Rowayton neighborhood. Experience the work of local artists. And discover the past of that part of the city.
- Silvermine Guild Art Center, 1037 Silvermine Road. New Canaan. The arts center brings in all different kinds of artists and performers. Class can also be taken by many different kinds of professionals.
- Norwalk Museum, 41 N. Main St., ☏ . Wed-Sun 1-5pm. The Norwalk museum building used to be South Norwalk City hall and was built in 1912. It holds historical information about the town of Norwalk.
- SoNo Switch Tower Museum, 77 Washington St., ☏ . Sat and Sunday 12-5pm May-October; and by appointment. Come and learn about the job of the switch tower operator in this 1896 New Haven Railroad structure; throw levers that controlled train movements that were used until 1984. Free, donations accepted.
- , ☏ . Sound Navigation offers tours of local lighthouses, sunset cruises, and private charter boats.
- 1 Sheffield Island Lighthouse (Lighthouse), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Sheffield Island & Its Lighthouse The Norwalk Seaport Association has owned, restored and maintained Sheffield Island Lighthouse since 1986 and is the official U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Friends group for the Norwalk Islands. Sheffield Island ferry tours are a top Fairfield County CT and Long Island Sound activity, attraction, tourist site, etc. Great for kids and adults as a sightseeing, daytrip, and tourist destination. From May through September, visitors can board the Seaport Association’s 45-foot C.J. Toth catamaran for a cruise to the island then tour the lighthouse, observe wildlife in their natural habitat in the Stewart B. McKinney National Wildlife Refuge, hunt for shells along the beach, bring along a picnic lunch,play on the lawns around the lighthouse and just have a good time. The lighthouse is open to visitors for daily tours. The tower portion of the lighthouse is closed for renovations. No pets permitted on ferry or island.
- Take a walk in historic South Norwalk and see the beautiful murals and statues placed around the town, by the seaport and down the to beach, it's a perfect picture spot!
- Long Island Sound, ☏ . Visit Calf Pasture/Shady beach for a beautiful view of the long island sound. The beach includes volleyball courts, baseball/softball fields, a skate park, and picnic areas for events.
- Stepping Stones Museum for Kids, 303 West Ave., ☏ . Tues. 1-5pm Wed.-Sun.-10-5. Stepping Stones is an interactive museum for kids. It is recommended for kids age 1-10 and was named one of the top 50 museums for kids in America.
- Crystal Theatre Inc., 165 Flax Hill Rd., ☏ . Crystal Theatre is an acting program for young to teenage kids. They present plays for the community at reasonable prices.
- Fairfield County Symphony, 143 Main St., ☏ . The symphony consists of participants 18 and older and hold concerts occasionally.
- Norwalk Community Chorale Inc., 125 East Ave., ☏ . The Norwalk Community Chorale Inc. presents free chorale concerts for those in Norwalk in the Spring and Fall.
- Shakespeare on the Sound, ☏ . Shakespeare presents Shakespearean plays over the summer near the Long Island Sound.
- 1 Sheffield Island Lighthouse (Sheffield Island Lighthouse), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Sheffield Island & Its Lighthouse The Norwalk Seaport Association has owned, restored and maintained Sheffield Island Lighthouse since 1986 and is the official U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Friends group for the Norwalk Islands. Sheffield Island ferry tours are a top Fairfield County CT and Long Island Sound activity, attraction, tourist site, etc. Great for kids and adults as a sightseeing, daytrip, and tourist destination. From May through September, visitors can board the Seaport Association’s 45-foot C.J. Toth catamaran for a cruise to the island then tour the lighthouse, observe wildlife in their natural habitat in the Stewart B. McKinney National Wildlife Refuge, hunt for shells along the beach, bring along a picnic lunch,play on the lawns around the lighthouse and just have a good time. The lighthouse is open to visitors for daily tours. The tower portion of the lighthouse is closed for renovations. No pets permitted on ferry or island.
Washington Street is home to some of the greatest shopping in Norwalk! specialty shops show what the city of Norwalk has to offer. Great clothes and crafts, also shops for home decorating so you can take a piece of Norwalk with you!
The Farmers Market is a great place for fresh fruits and veggies on a Saturday morning!
- Stew Leonard's supermarket. A supermarket with entertainment, including singing mechanical vegetables, mooing mechanical cows, operating toy trains, and a small outdoor area with live farm animals.
- SoNo Seaport Seafood, 100 Water St, ☏ . For some authentic and fresh waterfront eating. A small restaurant complete with a bar and indoor and outdoor sitting areas. Very reasonable pricing and casual, it's easy to feel very comfortable as you crack open a lobster claw and a beer on the water!
- Chocopologie, South Main Street. And if you're a chocolate person then this is a great place to get your fix with every chocolate dish you can imagine!
- Oyster Festival (first weekend after Labor Day), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. All the food you can imagine, great seafood and local specialties, it's also fun for the whole family complete with live entertainment, crafts and a games and ride section!
- Overton's. Overton's is the local hot dog / hamburger shack. Cheap food and amazing view of the harbor make this a local favorite.
- American Steak House, 595 Connecticut Ave., ☏ . American Steak House is a buffet style family restaurant.
- Silvermine Tavern, 194 Perry Ave., ☏ . The homey,country style tavern is home to an inn and restaurant. It has a lovely view of a local miniature waterfall.
- Famous Pizza, 23 North Main St., ☏ . This New York feeling Pizzeria is a cheap place for dinner in the middle of downtown South Norwalk.
- New York Bakery, 52 Main St., ☏ . New York Bakery is family owned with great breakfast and deli sandwiches. They sell cakes and pastries of all kinds.
Local bars and restaurants on Washington Street provide great night life for the older crowd. With open store fronts and multiple themed establishments, there is something for everyone.
If you're a coffee fan then SoNo Caffeine, 133 Washington St., 203-857-4224,  [dead link] is the place for you, a low-key coffee shop with comfortable seating and good food.
- O'Neill's Pub and Restaurant, 93 North Main St., ☏ . O'Neill's is an Irish Pub in the middle of downtown South Norwalk (SoNo) and offers cocktail parties, buffet dinners, a bar, and restaurant area.
- [dead link] East Side Cafe, 232 East Ave, ☏ . The East Side Cafe is both a restaurant and bar. The restaurant is located on the lower floor, while the bar is on the second floor. The bar includes 9 televisions, for the ability to have many different sporting events on simultaneously. They also have live entertainment.
- Black Bear Saloon, 80 Washington St., ☏ . Black Bear is a lively bar/restaurant located in the center of downtown South Norwalk (SoNo). They have great food and live entertainment.
- Courtyard Norwalk, 474 Main Avenue, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: . In the business district and across from the Merritt 7 Corporate Park. $99.
- Doubletree, 789 Connecticut Ave, ☏ . The Doubletree is a very modern, newly renovated hotel in Southern Connecticut. The hotel accommodates business and leisure travelers, and has many types of rooms including suites, executive suites, and accessible rooms. The Doubletree is located directly off I-95.
- Hilton Garden Inn, 560 Main Ave, ☏ . Just off I-95, Route 7, and the Merritt Parkway. It has accessible rooms, and is in close proximity to many Fortune 500 companies. It is also a 100% smoke free hotel.
- Homestead Studio Suites, 400 Main Ave., ☏ . This suite style hotel has studio, deluxe studio and 2 room suites. The suites include a sleeping area, kitchen, dining area, and working area.
- Norwalk Inn, 99 East Ave., ☏ . Banquet, meeting rooms, and wedding availabilities.
- New York City is about an hour away, and is home to hundreds of tourist attractions such as the statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building
- New Haven is about 45 minutes away, and is home to Yale University and other attractions.
- Hartford is about an hour and 20 minutes away, and is the capital of Connecticut
|Routes through Norwalk|
|New Haven ← Westport ←||N S||→ Darien → New York City|
|New Haven ← Westport ←||N S||→ Darien → New York City|
|Danbury ← Wilton ←||N S||→ Ends at|
|New Haven ← Westport ←||N S||→ New Canaan → New York City|
|Stamford ← Darien ←||SW NE||→ Westport → New Haven|
|New York City ← Merges into New Haven (red) line ← Stamford ←||SW NE||→ Wilton → Danbury|