New Canaan is a town in Connecticut. The town is one of the most affluent communities in the United States. In 2008, CNN Money ranked New Canaan first in the nation with the highest median family income.
New Canaan has two Metro-North railroad stations: 1 New Canaan station and 2 Talmadge Hill station, both on the New Canaan Branch of the New Haven Line. Travel time to Grand Central Terminal in New York City is approximately one hour.
- 1 New Canaan Nature Center.
- 2 Waveny Park, South Avenue. developed in 1912 by Lewis Lapham on what had been Prospect Farm, an early summer estate. In 1967 the Town acquired the 'castle' and 300 acres of surrounding parkland.
- Silvermine Guild Art Center, 1037 Silvermine Road. The arts center brings in all different kinds of artists and performers. Class can also be taken by many different kinds of professionals.
- SE Uncorked, 15 Elm Street, ☏ , ✉ Nick@southendnewcanaan.com. Tuesday-Saturday 11:30AM-11:00PM, Monday 5:00PM-9:00PM, Sunday 11:00AM-9:00PM. This is a restaurant in New Canaan that has a cocktail menu and there is an outdoor patio, there is a bar that's open all the time, and there pretty nice seating.
- Main Street Inn, 190 Main Street, ☏ .
- Maples Inn, 179 Oenoke Rdg.
- Roger Sherman Inn, 195 Oenoke Rdg, ☏ .
- Stamford – A city 45 minutes away via Merritt Parkway or Metro North
|Routes through New Canaan|
|New Haven ← Norwalk ←||N S||→ Stamford → New York City|
|New York City ← Merges into New Haven (red) line ← Stamford ←||SW NE||→ END|