Bethesda is a town in Gwynedd, North Wales. It is often known locally as Pesda. The town lies at the foot of the Nant Francon pass, leading up the Ogwen valley into the heart of the Snowdonia mountains. It is ideal for walking Snowdonia.
Bangor is the closet rail station.
- 1 Jerusalem Chapel. imposing Grade I listed Calvinistic Methodist Chapel
- 1 Zip World Penrhyn Quarry, 2 Ogwen Street, LL57 4YG (1 mile south of Bethesda, via the A5), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Open every day, except closed Tu and W in winter. One of three Zip World attractions in the area (the others are in Betws-y-Coed and Blaenau Ffestiniog), located in an enormous abandoned slate quarry. 'Velocity' is the longest zipwire in Europe and the fastest in the world. You can also tour the quarry in a big red truck. Velocity zipwire: from £60 p.p. Quarry tour: £10 p.p.
- 1 Fitzpatrick Cafe, 9 Ogwen St, LL57 3AY, ☏ . F-Su: 9AM-4PM, M-Th: Closed.
- 2 Pay As You Feel Cafe, 57 High Street, ☏ .
- 1 [dead link] Douglas Arms, Ogwen Terrace, High St, LL57 3AY, ☏ . Renowned traditional pub, barely changed for decades. Well worth a visit to see an aspect of UK culture that the chain pubs have almost eradicated.
- Beudy Bach & Beudy Mawr + spa (Gwely a Brecwast Llwynpenddu Uchaf), Llwynpenddu Uchaf Farm, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Bed & Breakfast and Self Catering
- 1 Ogwen Bank Holiday Park & Country Club, Bethesda Gwynedd LL57 3LQ, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. A beautiful park situated on the bank of the Ogwen River, offering visitors lodges, caravans, or Swift S-Pods for a comfortable glamping experience. Many caravans and lodges for sale, with owners enjoying access to Seiont Manor and Bangor Golf Club.
|Routes through Bethesda|
|Bangor ← ←||NW SE||→ Capel Curig → Betws-y-Coed|