Bethpage is a hamlet located in Long Island within the Town of Oyster Bay in Nassau County, New York. Bethpage is located in the middle of Nassau County, New York, and the surrounding villages and hamlets consist of Levittown, Farmingdale, Plainview, Old Bethpage, and Hicksville.
Bethpage is a small, quiet, suburban town located in the heart of Nassau County, New York. As of the 2010 census, the population of Bethpage was 16,429, which has been moving up and down since the creation of this town. Although a small town, Bethpage has a rich history. This town is home to the Grumman Aircraft Engineering Corporation better known today as Northrop Grumman, which is responsible for the creation of the F-14 Tomcat fighter jet and the Apollo Lunar Excursion Module (LEM). For this reason Bethpage is mentioned in the movie Apollo 13 starring Tom Hanks. Also, Bethpage is home to one of the most renowned golf courses in the United States, the Bethpage Black. This course has grabbed the attention from golfers such as Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, and many more. This town is a great place to visit year round with great food, great drinks, and great people. The best part is that in just 15 minutes you can make your way to some of Long Island's best beaches.
- The best way to get into Bethpage is by taking Interstate 495 (Long Island Expressway) to exit 44 (southbound) Seaford, which is the New York State route 135 (NY-135). When you get onto NY-135 heading southbound there are two exits that lead you right into Bethpage, exits 8 and 9.
- The great thing about Bethpage is that the Long Island Railroad runs right through the town. The 1 Bethpage train station is right in the middle of town and is in walking distance from just about anywhere. Bethpage runs on the Ronkonkama branch, which stops at 15 stations starting out east in Long Island. Taking a day to go to the city or out east to Montauk is never a problem and both are just a train ride away.
- Since Bethpage is such a small town everything is accessible by foot. All the bars and restaurants are in walking distance and you can see people walking around town at all times throughout the day.
- This is definitely the fastest way around town. Parking is never a problem in Bethpage. There is parking available to the public with no cash meters, which makes everyone happy.
- 2 All Seasons Taxi Service, 503 Stewart Ave, ☏ . All Seasons Taxi is located right next to the Bethpage Train Station, and is opened 24 hours a day. Whether your at a bar celebrating or just in need of a ride, All Seasons Taxi provides experienced cab drivers who will take you anywhere you need to go no matter where in Long Island. They will even make the trip to New York City if needed.
- 1 Captain Brian C. Hickey monument. Bethpage was home to FDNY firefighter Brian C. Hickey who gave his life saving others on the tragic day of September 11, 2001. As he was a husband, a father, and a friend to many, quite a few have gone to pay their respects to a fallen hero. The monument is in front of the local Bethpage Fire Department and is open to the public.
- 1 Bethpage State Park, 99 Quaker Meeting House Road, Farmingdale, New York 11735, ☏ . This park is a public park that has been the trademark of Bethpage since it was open in 1932. This park contains tennis courts, picnic areas, polo fields, other recreational areas, and it is best known for its five golf courses including the famous Bethpage Black course. The Black course is only recommended for highly skilled golfers.
- 2 Bethpage Community Park, 1 Stewart Ave, ☏ . The Bethpage Community Park. Recently, the park has installed an indoor ice skating rink and an outdoor skatepark. Also, picnic areas, handball courts, basketball courts, a community pool, and a children's playground are all open for the publics enjoyment.
Bethpage has many places consisting of all types of food that people can enjoy. These are some places that are known to be town favorites.
- 1 B.K Sweeney's Parkside Tavern, 356 Broadway, ☏ . B.K Sweeney's Parkside Tavern is the main gathering place for Bethpage natives and visitors throughout the area. It is a cozy place that resembles an old English pub and the food is known to be fantastic. It is also a great place to watch the game and enjoy a nice cocktail.
- 2 Ciminelli's Pizzeria and Restaurant, 427 Central Ave, ☏ . Ciminelli's is considered the best Pizzeria in Bethpage. New York is famous for their pizza and Ciminelli's does a wonderful job in keeping that intact. It is a lovely place for families to come and enjoy a nice Italian dinner.
- 3 Popei's Clam Bar, 384 North Wantagh Ave, ☏ . Popei's Clam Bar has been serving the community for 30 years and still keeps its popularity today. They have won awards for best seafood in Long Island and is recommended by many. They even offer Valet parking 7 days a week.
- 4 Central Avenue Gourmet Deli, 514 Central Ave, ☏ . Central Avenue Gourmet Deli is relatively new to the Bethpage community, but it has become a favorite for many people. From fresh bagels to hot off the grill sandwiches the quality is always 100%.
- 5 Villa Maria Pizza and Restaurant, 376 N Wantagh Ave (1/2 mile from the intersection of Hempstead Turnpike and North Wantagh Ave), ☏ . 11:30AM - 9:30PM. Villa Maria is Bethpage’s answer to fine Italian cuisine. Owned and operated by a former NYC Executive Chef and Culinary Institute of America graduate, Villa Maria offers fine Italian food, prepared from scratch using only the freshest ingredients available.
- 1 Bethpage Motel, 4107 Hempstead Turnpike, ☏ . The Bethpage Motel offers rooms that are all equipped with LCD TVs and also offers free internet.
|Routes through Bethpage|
|Merges with Main Line ← Hicksville ←||W E||→ Farmingdale → Greenport|