The main roads in and out of here are the New York State routes 24 (Conklin Street), 109 (Fulton Street), and 110 (Broad Hollow Road).
Nassau Inter-County Express operates a number of bus connections to Farmingdale.
The nearest airport is Republic Airport, which is literally just a few miles east of the village.
- 1 American Airpower Museum, 1230 New Highway (Long Island Expressway: Exit 49 South [Amityville] to Rte 110 South. 110 South to Conklin. Left on Conklin to New Highway. Right on New Highway until you see Museum sign on hangar 3. Southern State Parkway: Exit to Rte 110 North. 110 North to Conklin. Travel north from the Route 110 exit, make a right at Conklin Avenue following the Home Depot retail complex and make another right at New Highway. Northern State Parkway: Exit 40 [Broad Hollow Road] to Rte 110 South. 110 South to Conklin. Left on Conklin to New Highway. Right on New Highway until you see Museum sign on hangar 3. Mass Transportation: Long Island Railway to Farmingdale Station. From Farmingdale by cab, 2 minutes to Republic Airport.), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Memorial Day to Labor Day: 10:30AM-5PM; Labor Day to Memorial Day: 10:30AM-4PM. Closed New Year's Day, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving and Easter Sunday. The museum has several historical military aircraft from the 1930s through the 1960s, and also two tanks and a machine gun. It is also possible for a membership donation of $320 to have a simulated experience of being involved in the D-Day landing in Normandy, as you are briefed as if you are about to take part in the mission and then flown on a C-47 that participated in the actual operation. Adults: $10; Seniors (over 65) and veterans with proper ID: $8; Children 4-12: $5; Under 4 years old: Free.
- 1 Adventureland Theme Park, 2245 Broad Hollow Road (RT. 110), Farmingdale, ☎ . Adventureland is a great place for the entire family. There are rides and attractions for all ages. Adventureland is a full-day commitment if you want to experience the entire park.
There's a fairly good choice when it comes to picking a place to eat. Most of the restaurants are on or just off Main Street.
- 1 Library Café, 274 Main St, ☎ . In the former library, serves good martinis, extensive menu for lunch and dinner.
- 1 [dead link]The Nutty Irishman, 323 Main St, ☎ . Pub with catering and live entertainment. Serves sandwiches, salads, hamburgers and such.
- 1 Americana Inn (Broadway Motor Inn), 727 Broadhollow Rd (Route 110), ☎ , toll-free: , fax: . Wi-fi, jacuzzi suites.
|Routes through Farmingdale|
|Hicksville ← Bethpage ←||W E||→ Melville → Greenport|