Bharatpur (भरतपुर महानगरपालिका) is in Central Nepal.
The city is the district headquarters of the Chitwan district, central-south Nepal, and includes the former community of Narayangarh. It is the gateway to Chitwan National Park and the various resorts and tourists areas associated with it.
It is at the center of Mahendra (east west) highway and Kathmandu - Birgunj (North-South) road corridor, is close to Kathmandu (146 km), Pokhara (126 km), Butwal (114 km), Birganj (128 km), Hetauda (78 km) and Gorkha (67 km).
In addition to good road access, Bharatpur Airport just to the east of the city has regular daily air services to Pokhara and Kathmandu.
Via Kathmandu, Mugling, Narayangarh/Bharatpur. 4-5 hours.
Via Pokhara, Mugling, Narayangarh/Bharatpur (good road conditions). 3 - 4 hours. Another variation via Pokhara is Tanzan, Butwal, Bharatpur The road is potholed and windy, but has beautiful views. 5 - 6 hours.
Local jeeps, buses/microbuses, taxis and autorikshaw are availabe here.
Not much to see in Bharatpur itself, but it can be used as base for visiting the Chitwan National Park via Sauraha. Travel times are 30 - 40 minutes longer, but sunset and sun rise from the banks of Naryani River is an attraction here.
- Get to the Jungle!
- Jungle Safaris
- Cultural attraction
- Sun rise and sunset view (Naryani River)
- Bird Watching (Bish Hajar Lake, 5 km from city center)
- Chitwan National Park
- Nepali curios product within the aria of Chitwan National Park.
- Other modern product available in any supermarket or shops within the city
Flowing foods are available in any tourist class hotels.
- Continental Foods
- Chinese Foods
- Nepali Foods
- . Rhino Hotel and Guest Lodge
- Gayatri Hotel.
- Hotel Chitwan Keymen.
- Hotel Sky. Near to Bharatpur Hospital
- Hotel Global.
- Hotel Royal Century, ☎ . 26 rooms with pool, parking, restaurant with room service, cable TV. Elephant safari, boat excursion, jungle walk, and bird watching.
- Island Jungle Resort (Bharatpur Height, with Birendra Multiple Campus). Outdoor pool, free parking, room service, restaurant, cable TV. On offer are elephant safari, boat excursion, jungle walk, and bird watching.