All of the trains passing between Mumbai and Howrah have a major stop at Durg Junction which is just adjacent to Bhilai. Amritsar-Delhi trains that go through Bilaspur via Nagpur also stop in these stations (primarily Durg and sometimes Bhilai Nagar).
Swami Vivekananda Airport, formerly known as Mana (Raipur) Airport, is 30 km from Bhilai.
Take a cab from there to the city via Raipur or to the nearest rail station.
Connected by a decent Bus services to Nagpur And Bilaspur.
Civic Centre: Most happening place in Bhilai. You can eat, have Ice Cream, and Hangout with friends. Good restaurants are Hari Raj and Veggie India. Krazy Kool is also good for Ice Cream, pizzas, etc.
Sector 6 market: Biggest Shopping center in Bhilai.
Bhilai Steel Plant: Prestigious Steel plant of SAIL
Maitri Garden: Zoo and recreation center.
Shivnath Nadi: Coolest place to Picnic and hangout (best bargain: fresh fish from locals artisans)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Multipurpose Hall (Civic center) displays local art.
- Jayanti Stadium (Government funded Stadium)
- Musical Fountain (Maitri Garden)
Bastar pottery - Terakota Bastar wood work (Wooden art)
''''Apicure Food Court''' hosts an indoor sitting area with a contemporary architecture!Next to SSITM.Junwani
Golgappas from Mathura Chat, Akashganga
Golgappas & Chat from Chat Bhandar, (Near Apsara cloth center)Sec -4
Road side Stalls - Civic Centre - Cut Piece Dosa
Road side Stalls - Civic Centre - Sri Nath - Pav Bhaji
Civic Centre - ChaCha ji Kulfi- Famous for Kulfi
Road side Stalls - Akashganga - Egg Rolls, Pav Bhaji
Authentic North Indian food - Roof Top, Akashganga
Highway canteen - Rava Dosa
Samosas and Jalebi - MP Sweet House, Civic Centre and Utkal Sector 10, Ayodhya Dairy Risali
Chilli Chicken, Apna Ghar, Civic Centre
Sector 7, Devi key Vade
- Annaras (at civic centre). Famous for fresh juice of variety of seasonal fruites, specially juice of sugar cane
- doodh ka coffee (opposite to BATA at Civic Centre). Famous coffee shop for youngsters
- Maa Lakshmi (Sector 10). Famous for Chop and Mughlai food
- Coffee House, Sector 10 and Supela. Famous for South Indian food and delicacies.
- Zaiqa. Opposite to Durg Railway Station and at Supela, famous for Biriyani and other moghul food
- Indian Coffee House. Branches at Zonal Market, Akashaganga and Sector 9 Main Hospital.
Rockford Open air restaurant to chill out (Boys only) 50m from Nehrunagar Rail signal. Delhi Durbar Supela Akash Ganga for family entertainment. Hotel Grand Dhillon Luxury bar having indoor bar at 5th floor and a rooftop bar.
Mostly Private vehicles can be seen(Cycles, Mopeds, Bykes, Cars). Central avenue have Tempo and 6seaters (Kind of public transport maximum fare is ₹8). You can also travel around in Autos.