While Blue Ash is its own city, it's mostly treated like a suburb of Cincinnati.
The nearest major airport is Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG IATA), about a half hour away by car. For business and general aviation travelers, and for people taking Ultimate Air Shuttle, Lunken Airport (LUK IATA) is another option, as it also serves Cincinnati and is only 20 minutes away.
The city is served by Cincinnati's METRO bus service, operated by the Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority (SORTA). In particular, the 3X (and to a lesser extent the 3) route is a good connection, going from Downtown Cincinnati to Blue Ash with only one stop in the middle. A less convenient connection can be made using the 4 bus to University of Cincinnati Blue Ash.
From Interstate I-71 northbound, take Exit 14 towards Blue Ash Rd/Kenwood Rd to OH-126 (West). At the end of the exit ramp, turn left on OH-126 (West) and keep right. Then turn left onto Towne Square Ave and turn right onto Blue Ash Rd.
From Interstate I-71 southbound, take Exit 14 towards Blue Ash Rd/Kenwood Rd to OH-126 (West). At the end of the exit ramp, keep right on OH-126 (West). Then turn left onto Towne Square Ave and turn right onto Blue Ash Rd.
From Interstate I-75 northbound, take Exit 10A to merge onto OH-126 E. Then take the exit towards Blue Ash Rd/Kenwood Rd.
Like many other suburbs in the United States, Blue Ash is best navigated by car, with many streets and avenue all around. Since OH-126 and I-71 have multiple exits across Blue Ash, it might be useful as a shortcut to the city streets.
- 1 Summit Park, 4335 Glendale Milford Rd, ☏ . Once an airport, this field has been renovated by the city to become their flagship project. Many events, such as farmer's markets, concert, and the annual 4th of July celebrations and Taste of Blue Ash happen here. The park also offers a native ecosystem and an observation tower with views of the surrounding region.
- 2 Historic Hunt House (Hunt House, Hunt Home), 4364 Hunt Rd. This home is preserved by the city and the Historical Society of Blue Ash as a museum. It belonged to one of the founding families of Blue Ash, the Hunt family. It is notable for its place in history during its invasion in Morgan's Raid in the Civil War. The museum has very limited opening hours, and is often closed most of the week.
- 1 Point Blank Range & Gun Shop, 10930 Deerfield Road, ☏ . Need to take some ID, then can try out your shooting skills.
- Crossings of Blue Ash.
- 1 Slatts, 4858 Cooper Road, ☏ . 11AM-10PM. Good selection of food and drink. This relaxed neighborhood pub serves a menu ranging from spicy chicken spring rolls to filet mignon.
- 2 Skyline Chili, 5005 Cornell Road, ☏ . 10:30AM-9PM. Basic sit-down chain known for diner-style dishes garnished with signature Greek chili.
- 3 Sammy's Gourmet Burgers & Beers, 4767 Creek Rd, ☏ . 11AM-11PM. Casual sports-themed joint serving up gourmet burgers, hot dogs & other pub grub, plus brews.
- 4 City Barbeque, 10375 Kenwood Rd, ☏ . Reasonable counter service ribs and fries.
- 5 Ando, 5889 Pfeiffer Rd, ☏ . Japanese restaurant. Quality, little pricey, bring your own alcohol.
- 6 Blue Ash Chili, 9565 Kenwood Rd. Another local favorite, Blue Ash Chili is unique in offering a 6-way, which adds fried jalapeno poppers to a 5-way. In 2010, Blue Ash Chili was featured on Guy Fieri’s Diners, Drive-in, & Dives on the Food Network.
- 1 Firehouse Grill, 4785 Lake Forest Drive, ☏ . Sports bar with very good selection of ales. Reasonable food choice.
- 2 Sammy's Gourmet Burgers & Beers, 4767 Creek Rd, ☏ . 11AM-11PM. Casual sports-themed joint serving up gourmet burgers, hot dogs & other pub grub, plus brews.
- 1 Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Blue Ash, 11435 Reed Hartman Hwy, ☏ . This modern hotel is 3.3 miles from the Heritage Village Museum and 9.5 miles from Kings Island amusement park. Relaxed rooms come with free WiFi and flat-screen TVs, plus pull-out sofas, minifridges and coffeemakers. Free hot breakfast and parking are available. There's also an outdoor pool and a fitness center. Additional amenities include a 24/7 market and menu, a coffee to cocktails bar, a business center and meeting space.
- 2 Courtyard Cincinnati Blue Ash (Marriott Courtyard), 4625 Lake Forest Drive, ☏ , fax: . Set on a tree-lined street off the intersection of interstates 71 and 275, this modern hotel is a 2.9-mile drive from the Sharon Woods Golf Course and a 9.4-mile drive from the Kings Island theme park. Contemporary rooms offer free WiFi and TVs, plus desks, minifridges and coffeemakers. Some rooms feature pull-out sofas, as do suites, which also add separate living areas. Social spaces include a living room-style lobby, an outdoor courtyard with a fire pit, and a restaurant serving Starbucks coffee. Other amenities include an indoor pool and an exercise room, plus a business center, meeting space and free parking.
- 3 Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 4660 Creek Road, ☏ . Surrounded by landscaped office parks 1 mile of I-71, this modern suburban hotel is 6.5 miles from the Sharonville Convention Center, 10 miles from Kings Island amusement park and 16 miles from downtown Cincinnati. Contemporary rooms come with minifridges, microwaves, work desks, cable TV and free WiFi; kids 19 and under stay free with an adult. A complimentary hot breakfast buffet is served daily. Recreation options include a fitness room and heated indoor pool; there's also a business center and washer/dryers. Parking is free.
- 4 Sonesta ES Suites Cincinnati-Blue Ash, 11401 Reed Hartman Highway, ☏ , fax: . This traditional all-suites hotel is 3.2 miles from the Heritage Village Museum, and 9.6 miles from Kings Island amusement park. Studio to 2-bedroom suites come with full kitchens, living areas with fold-out couches and fireplaces, plus free WiFi and flat-screen TVs with premium channels. A hot breakfast buffet is complimentary, as is grocery delivery, parking and a cocktail reception 3 nights a week. There's an outdoor pool with a hot tub. Other amenities include a fitness room, business center and meeting facilities.
- 5 TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Blue Ash, 4650 Cornell Road, ☏ , fax: . This relaxed extended-stay hotel is 9.8-mile drive to Kings Island amusement park and 13.7-mile drive from the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden. Bright rooms, ranging from studios to 2-bedroom suites, have free WiFi and flat-screen TVs with premium cable channels, plus desks and separate living areas with pull-out sofas. Most quarters offer dining tables, and suites have additional TVs. Fully equipped kitchens have fridges, stoves, dishwashers and microwaves. There’s free continental breakfast, parking and a 24/7 convenience store. Amenities include a business center and laundry facilities, plus a heated outdoor pool and a fitness center.
- 6 Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati / Blue Ash, 4320 Glendale Milford Road, ☏ , fax: . This roadside hotel off I-71 is 6.8 miles from the golf course at the Losantiville Country Club and 10 miles from the Kings Island amusement park. The relaxed rooms have free WiFi, flat-screen TVs with premium cable channels, and desks, plus minifridges, microwaves and coffeemakers. Suites add separate living areas with pull-out sofas. Free amenities include hot breakfast and parking, and there's an indoor pool, a whirlpool and a 24/7 fitness center. There’s also a business center and meeting space.
- 7 Crowne Plaza Cincinnati Blue Ash, 5901 Pfeiffer Road (I 71 at Exit 15.), ☏ . This is a full service hotel with basic Town Square Atrium restaurant, Lobby Lounge, Room Service, Indoor Pool, Fitness Center and Business Center. All guest rooms feature complimentary wireless internet (which is poor quality), workspace with an ergonomic chair, 7 layers of comfort bedding.
- 8 Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati Blue Ash, 5300 Cornell Road, ☏ . This contemporary hotel is within 4 miles of several major corporate offices, and under 17 miles from downtown Cincinnati. All rooms offer polished decor and custom-designed beds, plus flat-screen TVs with premium cable, microwaves, minifridges and free WiFi. Suites add pull-out sofas and/or whirlpool tubs. A cooked-to-order breakfast is available (fee), and there's an on-site American restaurant, as well as a lounge and 24/7 convenience mart. Guests can visit the fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool. Other amenities include 5 meeting rooms and a business center, plus free corporate shuttle service and parking.
- 9 Extended Stay America Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Reed Hartman (Homestead Studio Suites, Blue Ash), 4630 Creek Rd, ☏ . This hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring fully-equipped kitchens and plenty of work space... amenities you won't find in a typical hotel room.
- 10 Quality Suites (Comfort Suites), 11349 Reed Hartman Hwy, ☏ . This hotel is minutes away from the Kings Island Amusement Park, the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens, Newport Aquarium and Paul Brown Stadium. The Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport is 35 miles and University of Cincinnati is 15 miles from this Cincinnati Hotel. Newly opened Horseshoe Casino about 15 minutes from the hotel.
- 11 Extended Stay America Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Kenwood Road, 11145 Kenwood Rd, ☏ . This hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring fully-equipped kitchens and plenty of work space... amenities you won't find in a typical hotel room.
- 12 Hampton Inn - Cincinnati Blue Ash, 4640 Creek Rd, ☏ . This modern hotel is 1.5 miles from I-71 and 2.1 miles from the Blue Ash Golf Course. All rooms include free WiFi and custom-designed beds, full and lap desks (for working on the bed), flat-screen TVs, minifridges, microwaves and coffeemakers. A free on-site hot breakfast (daily) and weekday breakfast bags to go are offered, as well as an exercise room, an indoor pool and a whirlpool. Additional amenities include a business center and free parking.
- 13 Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati Blue Ash, 10665 Techwoods Circle, ☏ . This modern pet-friendly hotel with full kitchens in every suite is close to I-71, I-75. They specialize in extended stays by offering spacious studio and one-bedroom suites with fully-equipped kitchens and work areas. Free hot breakfast, outdoor grill and gazebo dining area to barbecue, fitness center, free Wi-Fi Internet access, on-site guest laundry facilities, deluxe vending area to purchase meals, snacks and beverages, and business center to work on the go.
- 14 Embassy Suites Cincinnati - Northeast (Blue Ash), 4554 Lake Forest Dr, ☏ . This traditional all-suite hotel with a plant-filled atrium is 1.5 miles from I-71 and a 10.2-mile drive from Kings Island's amusement park. The conservative suites include separate living rooms with pull-out sofas, microwaves, minifridges and coffeemakers, plus 2 flat-screen TVs with premium channels, free Wi-Fi and dining tables. Some suites add wet bars. A daily made-to-order breakfast, an area shuttle, and an evening reception with light appetizers and drinks are complimentary. There's a low-key eatery with a bar, plus a gym, a ballroom, a 24/7 business center and an indoor pool with a whirlpool.
- 15 Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Northeast - Blue Ash, 5900 Pfeiffer Rd, ☏ . This hotel is 15 miles northeast of downtown Cincinnati and is very close to Bethesda North Hospital and Cincinnati Eye Institute. Free WiFi and flat screen TV in all guestrooms. Select rooms offer microwave &refrigerator, nominal fee may apply. The Red Roof's new Order Inn program allows guests to order delicious food for in-room delivery. Fitness club adjacent to inn is available for $10 daily fee. Free coffee and tea available in the lobby. One well-behaved family pet per room is welcome.
- 16 Extended Stay America Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Reagan Highway, 4260 Hunt Rd, ☏ . This hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring fully-equipped kitchens and plenty of work space... amenities you won't find in a typical hotel room.
|Routes through Blue Ash|
|Columbus ← Mason ←||N S||→ Cincinnati → Louisville|
|Lawrenceburg ← Sharonville ←||W E||→ Montgomery → Milford-Miami Township|