Bluffton is a college town in Northwest Ohio.
Bluffton was founded in 1831 by Swiss and Irish religious settlers, who originally named the town Shannon after the green hills surrounding the village. Today Bluffton maintains its heritage, with numerous churches and natural features dotted around the village.
- Bluffton Area Chamber of Commerce (Explore Bluffton), 154 N Main St, ☏ .
Bluffton's downtown is extremely walkable, as is the campus of Bluffton University. Edge destinations can take longer to get to.
Bluffton is bike friendly, and some roads have dedicated bike lanes. The Lions Way Path also offers a dedicated bike and hike trail.
- 1 Bluffton University. A private university that offers a number of public events.
- 4 Schumacher Homestead (Swiss Community Historical Society), 8350 Bixel Rd. Sa 1PM-5PM, June-August. A preserved Swiss homestead. Hosts the Swiss Day celebration in June.
- 5 Village Arboretum. A small grove of trees on the shores of cob lake. Free.
- 1 Bluffton Beavers football. The football team of Bluffton University.
- 2 Shannon Theater, 119 S Main St, ☏ . $3-$4 2D, $6 3D.
- 3 Bluffton University Nature Preserve. A former 160 acre farm turned into a permanent nature reserve.
- 4 Bluffton Annual Trout Derby (Buckeye Lake). First Sunday of May. An early summer fishing derby.
- 5 Bluffton Community Pool. Summer months. An outdoor swimming pool complex with a water slide and diving boards.
- 6 Motter Metro Park, 10740 Columbus Grove-Bluffton Rd. Dawn to Dusk. A large park that preserves a meadow and woods along the bank of a river. In the right season this is a good place to hike, birdwatch, look at flowers, or look at butterflies. Free.
- Bluffton Fall Festival. Late September.
- 1 Bluffton Farmers Market (Citizens National Bank Parking Lot). Sa 8:30AM-Noon, May-October. Offers a variety of foods and crafts.
- 2 Book ReViews. Used Bookstore
- 3 The Food Store. A small food Co-Op that focuses on health foods. Also offers various soaps, oils, and health adjacent products.
- 4 The Black Lab Trading Company.
There are a small number of chain restaurants near the interstate.
- 1 Shirley's Gourmet Popcorn Company, 117 S Main St, ☏ .
- 2 Twisted Whisk Cafe, 101 S Main St, ☏ .
- 3 Community Markets, 154 Vance St. 7AM-10PM. Local grocery store
- 4 Padrone's Pizza.
- 5 Greenhorn. Saturdays around lunch. A vegan restaurant with a changing menu
- 6 China Wok. Serves Chinese-American food.
- 7 LuLu's Diner. An American diner
- 1 Comfort Inn, 117 Commerce Ln, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Offers free WiFi, Breakfast, and indoor pool. ~$100.
- 1 Bluffton Post Office, 182 S Main St. A quaint post office in a classical building.
- 2 Bluffton Public Library, 145 S Main St, ☏ . Mo-Th 9:30AM-9PM, Fr 9:30AM-5:30PM, Sa 9:30AM-2:30PM.
|Routes through Bluffton|
|Toledo ← Findlay ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Lima → Dayton|