By public transit
If you are coming from Chicago, you can take Metra's Electric District Line to University Park Station, then transfer to the University Park bus run by River Valley Metro. The bus fare is $2 each way and the ride takes about forty minutes. Buses run fairly frequently Monday through Friday. Buses run every two hours between 7 AM and 9 PM on Saturday. However, there are only four trips on Sunday between 8:52 AM and 4:07 PM. The bus stops at the transit center at East 5000N road and route 50. You can then transfer to the number 10 or 11 bus to continue your trip.
River Valley Metro (+1 815-937-4287) has two routes that serve Bourbonnais: 10 and 11. Buses run Monday through Friday: 5:00 am – 10:30 pm, Saturday: 7:00 am – 10:30 pm, Sunday and Holidays: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. The fare is $1 and buses run every hour.
Bourbonnais is the home of Olivet Nazarene University and the summer training camp for the Chicago Bears.
- Kankakee River State Park is located just outside the city limits.
- Northfield Square Mall is in nearby Bradley.
- Brickstone Brewery, 557 William R. Latham Sr. Drive 60914, ☏ .
- Beef O'Brady's, 547 Main St NW, Bourbonnais, IL 60914, ☏ .
- Main Dynasty, 537 Main Street NW, ☏ .
- Flight 102 Wine Bar, 565 Main Street NW, ☏ .
|Routes through Bourbonnais|
|Chicago ← Manteno ←||N S||→ Bradley → Kankakee|
|Tinley Park ← Manteno ←||N S||→ Bradley → Kankakee|
|Joliet ← Manteno ←||W E||→ Bradley → Kankakee|