Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 3 Aroma Park - home to a boat club
- 4 Bourbonnais - the summer home of the Chicago Bears
- 5 Bradley- home to a growing business sector
- 6 Hopkins Park- the poorest area in Kankakee County
- 7 Limestone- home to Vana's Pumpkin Patch
- 8 Manteno- very similar to Bradley
- Bonfield- Known locally for its feuding families, conservative attitude, and its ban on alcohol. According to the book Wild Kankakee by Jim Ridings, the town is named after Thomas A. Bonfield, a lawyer who named the town for himself after renaming the train station to "Bonfield," despite the fact that the post office was named Verkler.
- Sun River Terrace- home to a large population of African Americans and about 390 people.
- Sammons Point- built to stop the spread of a nearby landfill.
- Union Hill- home to a tractor dealer.
- Irwin- the birthplace of Art Ward, though there is nothing there in his memory.
- Rockville- the only remaining town in the Kankakee Area that was founded by Indians.