Located right off I-57 at exit 322, Manteno is a small family oriented farming community with a population near 10,000.
- The closest Greyhound Bus Lines stop is in Kankakee next to the Economy Inn at 2125 S Schuyler Ave. The phone number for the Greyhound bus stop is: +1 815-929-1135. You'll need to ride a cab to continue to Manteno unless you want to take three public buses to Manteno.
If you are coming from Chicago, you have two options:
- You can take the Orange CTA train to Midway Airport and then take the River Valley Metro's Midway commuter bus. River Valley Metro's phone number is: +1 815-937-4287 The bus fare is $2 per trip. The trip takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes. The bus stop at the airport is outside of the train CTA station. The commuter bus will drop you off at West 1st street and North Oak Street. Buses run about every 2 hours and 45 minutes, Monday through Friday, 5 AM to 10:15 PM. On Saturday, the buses run from 7:00 AM to 9:15 PM. On Sunday and major holidays, there are only three trips in each direction.
- Take Metra's Electric District Line to University Park Station, then transfer to the University Park bus run by River Valley Metro. The bus fare is $2 each way and the ride takes about thirty minutes. Buses run fairly frequently Monday through Friday. Buses run every two hours between 7 AM and 9 PM on Saturday. However, there are only four trips on Sunday between 8:52 AM and 4:07 PM.
River Valley Metro (+1 815-937-4287)'s route 9 travels through Manteno. Buses run Monday through Friday: 5:00 am – 10:30 pm, Saturday: 7:00 am – 10:30 pm, Sunday and Holidays: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. The fare is $1 and buses run every hour. Be aware that this bus runs in a from west to east in Manteno before continuing to Bourbonnais. For example, if you are at the transit center or nearby restaurants and want to go to the west side near Howard Johnson Inn near Interstate 57, the bus will need to travel east, then south to Bourbonnais and then north and east to western Manteno. This trip will take about an hour. If you are pressed for time, you should call a taxi or walk if possible.
- Manteno Historical Society Museum, 192 West Third Street, ☏ . 1PM - 3PM, the first Saturday of each month. Free.
- Manteno Sportsmans club, 851 N. Main St., ☏ . The club has a variety of events and is located on Manteno Lake.
There are many pubs in Manteno
- Route 50 North, 178 North Locust Street, ☏ . Route 50 North is a large sports bar
- Country Inn & Suites, 380 South Cypress Drive, ☏ .
|Routes through Manteno|
|Chicago ← Oak Forest ←||N S||→ Bourbonnais → Kankakee|
|Chicago via ← Tinley Park ←||N S||→ Bourbonnais → Kankakee|
|Dixon ← Joliet ←||W E||→ Bourbonnais → Kankakee|