Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bradford is a city in the Pennsylvania Wilds.
US 219, the aptly named Buffalo-Pittsburgh Highway, runs north and south through town.
- 1 Bradford Regional Airport (BFD IATA), 212 Airport Rd., Lewis Run, ☏ +1 814 368-5928. Served with daily commuter flights from Pittsburgh via Southern Airways Express: four on weekdays, two on Saturdays, and three on Sundays.
- Fullington Trailways buses arrive and depart from the Sunoco gas station at 573 South Avenue.
- Service from DuBois via St. Marys and various points in between.
- Service from Buffalo via Springville, Ellicottville, Salamanca, and various points in between.
- Zippo/Case Museum, 1932 Zippo Dr (Chestnut St Ext), ☏ +1 814 368-1932. M-Sa 9AM-5PM, Su 11AM-4PM; closed 1-2 Jan, Easter, Thanksgiving, 25 Dec. Proving the adage that there's a museum for everything in the United States, the Zippo/Case Museum highlights the history and technology of Zippo lighters. Case pocketknives are also represented, since W.R. Case & Sons is now owned by Zippo, but the lighters are the main attraction. There's also a flagship Zippo/Case store on the premises. Admission to the museum is free.
- Penn-Brad Oil Museum, 901 South Ave, Custer City, ☏ +1 814 362-1955, email@example.com. M-F 9AM-4PM, Sa 9AM-2PM. Proving the adage that there's a museum for everything in the United States, the Penn-Brad Oil Museum aims to preserve the history of the Bradford oil fields. Northwestern Pennsylvania was one of the first places where oil wells were drilled. Adults $5, seniors/groups $4.50, children/military families free.
The area code is Erie's, 814. The local newspaper is the Bradford Era.
|Routes through Bradford|
|Buffalo ← Salamanca ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Ridgway → DuBois|
|Buffalo ← Salamanca ←||N S||→ Ridgway → DuBois|