While no interstate highways run through Meade County, Brandenburg is accessible from interstates in nearby counties. Following KY 79 North to the Matthew Welsh Bridge, it becomes IN 135 in Harrison County, Indiana. Fifteen miles from the bridge you will reach Interstate 64.
Interstate 65 can be reached from Meade County by following US 31W from Muldraugh in either direction. Northbound traffic can exit at KY 841 (Snyder Freeway) East to I-65. Or southbound and follow US 31W South to Elizabethtown and I-65. In Elizabethtown, you can also reach the Blue Grass and Western Kentucky Parkways for access to other areas of Kentucky.
KY 448, along with KY 144 East connects Brandenburg with Vine Grove and Hardin County. KY 144 West links Brandenburg with western Meade County.
KY 1638 connects Brandenburg with Muldraugh and eastern Meade County. The road passes the Doe Valley area and Otter Creek Park.
KY 79 links Brandenburg (and the Matthew Welsh Bridge) with Irvington and Rough River Dam.
KY 228 connects Brandenburg with Battletown, Wolf Creek and other northwestern Meade County communities.
US 60 cuts across the south central part of Meade County, connecting Irvington with Muldraugh.
- Guston Days Guston Second Saturday in June.
- River Heritage Bluegrass Festival July.
- Threshing Days Second weekend in July.
- Meade County Fair Meade County Fairgrounds Late July.
- Christmas by the River Last Saturday November-December 31.
- Allen's Pay Lake +1 270 828-4355. Stocked catfish, bass, crappie & bluegill. Bait shop & restroom.
- Doe Valley Golf Club, 540 Valley Green Rd (KY 1638 between Brandenburg and Muldraugh), ☏ . Doe Valley offers an 18-hole course, with three ponds, more than 30 bunkers, and fairways lined with trees. While they play this course that's amid a forest, golfers may encounter deer grazing nearby, rabbits nibbling on the turf, and perhaps even the local flock of wild turkeys. Doe Valley offers all the amenities - a pro shop, putting green, golf lessons, snack-bar and restaurant.
- Hillcrest Country Club, 519 Lawrence St, ☏ .
- Lynn's Pins, 204 Olin Rd, ☏ .
- Mike & Diane's Pay Lake, +1 270 828-4581.
- Abe-Jo's Gifts & Collectibles, 3390 Brandenburg Rd, ☏ , .
- Bob's Antiques Collectibles & More, 299 Doe Run-Ekron Rd., ☏ .
- Cox's Variety & Garden Center, 570 River Ridge Plaza ,+1 270 422-5455.
- Dollar General, ☏ . Shopping Plaza on the By-Pass.
- Expressions, 518 River Ridge Plaza, +1 270 422-1799.
- Fashionable Alternative, 2615 Brandenburg Rd, ☏ .
- J. L. Hobbs Antiques & Accessories, 134 Broadway, +1 270 422-4475.
- Kroger, ☏ . 568 River Ridge Plaza.
- Rite Aid, 610 By-Pass Rd, ☏ .
- Sassy's Secrets [Consignment], 646 High Street, ☏ . Brandenburg, KY 40108-1265
- Save-A-Lot, 2320 Bypass Rd, ☏ .
- Abe's Sweet Dreams Ice Cream, 125 Old Mill Rd, ☏ .
- Brandenburg Food Court, 1200 ByPass Rd, ☏ . Includes Taco Bell, KFC, Long John Silvers.
- Brandenburg Inn, 521 Lawrence St, ☏ .
- Clark's Tavern, 8440 Rhodelia Rd, ☏ . Payneville.
- Doe Run Inn, 500 Doe Run Hotel Rd, ☏ .
- Huddle House, 751 Bypass Rd, ☏ .
- Golden China Buffet, 1270 Old Ekron Rd # 8, +1 270 422-3958.
- Jailhouse Pizza, 125 Main St.
- [dead link] Kentucky Fried Chicken and Long John Silver's, Brandenburg Food Court, 1200 ByPass Rd, ☏ .
- Miguels Mexican Restaurant, 634 River Ridge Plaza, ☏ .
- Mr. Gatti's Pizza, 584 ByPass Rd, ☏ .
- Nineteenth Hole, Doe Valley Golf Club, 1 Doe Valley Pkwy. +1 270 422-3397.
- Perna's Place, 124 Broadway, +1 270 422-4200.
- Rose Garden, 554 River Ridge Plaza, +1 270 422-5517.
- Home Plate, 656 River Ridge Plaza, +1 270 422-1759.
Meade County is a wet county.
- Cedar Grove Tavern, 3875 Brandenburg Rd, ☏ .
- Clark's Tavern, 8440 Rhodelia Rd, ☏ . Payneville.
- Hilltop Tavern, 357 Broadway St, ☏ .
- Kearton Enterprises, 40 Wise Rd, ☏ .
- Otter Creek Tavern, 6860 Flaherty Rd, ☏ . Vine Grove
- Rainbow Tavern, 6419 Flaherty Rd, ☏ . Vine Grove.
- Rock Inn Tavern, 139 Tip Top Rd (Old Hwy 60), ☏ . Vine Grove.
- Uncle Dave's Tavern, 435 Flaherty Rd, ☏ . Ekron.
- Abe's Country Village Motel & Cabins, 3390 Brandenburg Rd, ☏ . 14 rooms.
- Doe Run Inn, 500 Doe Run Hotel Rd, ☏ . Eleven rooms and one cabin. Restaurant. Free parking. Meeting and banquet facilities.
- Otter Creek Outdoor Recreation Area Cabins & Campground, 850 Otter Creek Rd, ☏ . 4 cabins, each sleeping 14, plus one primitive cabin (no heat or electricity).
- Super 8 Motel, 1900 Armory Place, ☏ , toll-free: . This 51 room motel has an indoor pool, meeting rooms, free wireless Internet in all rooms; free continental breakfast, outdoor electrical service for boats and RVs.
- Economy Suites Motel, 230 N. Dixie Hwy, ☏ . 19 rooms.
- Fort Knox Lodge, 518 Wilson St, ☏ . 17 rooms.
- Golden Manor Motel, 116 S. Dixie Hwy, ☏ , toll-free: . This 115 room motel offers indoor and outdoor pools; fitness center; free high-speed wireless Internet; in-room refrigerators, coffeemakers, hair dryers, and irons and ironing boards.
- [dead link] Travelers Motel, 404 S. Dixie Hwy, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. This 26 room motel offers the best daily and weekly rates in the surrounding area. Also has kitchenettes and free high-speed wireless internet.
Most telephone numbers in Meade County consist of +1 270 plus a seven-digit number, but the area is now served by an overlay complex of two area codes, with +1 364 being the second. A local or in-state telephone call now requires all 10 digits of the local number be dialed (omitting just the leading +1 from a local landline call).
Signage on many established businesses may still display the original seven-digit numbers; dial 270 before these if no area code is indicated.
Note that Muldraugh is served by area code 502 instead of 270/364. That community is completely surrounded by the Fort Knox Army base, which is also in area code 502. No overlay has yet been imposed on that area, so 7-digit local landline dialing is still allowed.
|Routes through Brandenburg|
|Corydon ← becomes ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Jct|