Brest is a city on the west Atlantic coast of France. It has a long history of navigation. There are very large tides here.
Brest is served by a regional airport , located to the north-east of the city. It's used mainly by Air France for its domestic routes (Paris-CDG, Paris-Orly, Lyon, Marseille, Nice) and a route to London, but also by Easyjet (Lyon), Ryanair (Marseille), Flybe (Birmingham, Southampton), and other companies for regular routes (Bordeaux, Toulon, Barcelona) or special services. A bus shuttle service connects the airport to the closest tram station (Porte de Guipavas). The fare is the same as other trams and buses of the bibus network.
Brest is linked with Rennes (N12) and Nantes (N165) by toll-free divided highways.
- [dead link]Océanopolis, ☎ . This giant aquarium has 3 thematic pavilions (polar, tropical and temperate) that offers a discovery of the world's oceans. Located at the Moulin Blanc port.
- Brest Castle, ☎ . The houses the Navy Museum, which has a collection of craft models, paintings and sculptures.
- The Tanguy Tower , located near the Recouvrance bridge, houses a permanent exhibition on the history of the town.
- Art gallery, 24 rue Traverse. Phone: +33 298 00 87 96.
- The Vallon du Stang Alar houses a famous botanic garden and greenhouses.
The Blind Piper Pub is one of many Irish pubs in Brest. It's located in the block southwest of the Liberté square. They got their Kilkenny right and fresh. Ambience was one to be expected.