Bridgeville[dead link] is a small town in Southern Delaware.
Bridgeville sits at the intersection of Routes 13 and 404 in Sussex County, and for most is a town passed by on the way to the beach. With the construction of the Route 404 bypass some years ago, most travelers now miss the historic downtown area.
While it has no mass transit, the town has some paved roads that extend throughout the entire local area, facilitating travel by car or bike to the many points of interest in Bridgeville.
Police officers will enforce the traffic code and patrol the area 24 hours a day.
Bridgeville, and most of the surrounding area, is home to some of the largest chicken houses in the state. These are a must see. Persistent explorers may even encounter the elusive double or triple-decker chicken house. Bridgeville is home to the RAPA Scrapple factory. RAPA brand scrapple is the country's leading brand of scrapple.
- Bridgeville Historical Society Museum, 102 Williams St, ☏ +1 302-337-8595. Tours by appointment. The museum was built as a firehouse in 1911 and converted into school classrooms in 1924. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Bridgeville Public Library, 600 S Cannon St, ☏ +1 302-337-7401. M-F 10AM-7PM, Sa 10AM-3PM. Built in 1866 by the First Presbyterian Congregation.
Bridgeville is host to the annual Apple Scrapple Festival (see www.applescrapple.com) which takes place the second weekend in October every year. The festival has grown every year since its inception in 1991 and this small town (pop 1,500) plays host to about 30,000 visitors over the weekend. Some highlights of the festival include a scrapple-carving contest, antique tractor pull, 5K Hog Jog and the Classic Car Show.
- Heritage Shores Club, 1 Heritage Shores Cir, ☏ +1 302-337-7514. An 18-hole, par 72 championship golf course.
- Evans Farms, 9843 Seashore Hwy, ☏ +1 302 337-8130. Market offering a wide selection of fruits, vegetables, meats, and "Frozen Farmer" ice cream.
- T.S. Smith & Sons, 8887 Redden Rd, ☏ +1 302 337-8271. Farm market selling apples, peaches, asparagus, and sweet corn seasonally.
- China Wok, 9577 Bridgeville Center Rd #3, ☏ +1 302 337-8866. Chinese restaurant.
- Jeff's Tap Room, 416 Market St, ☏ +1 302 337-8602. Bar and grill. You must try the cheeseburger.
- [formerly dead link] Jimmy's Grille & Catering, 18541 S Main St, ☏ +1 302 337-7575. Restaurant offering homemade Southern-style food, known for their fried chicken.
- Passwaters Restaurant, 1 Heritage Shores Cir (at the Heritage Shores Club), ☏ +1 302 337-9927. Upscale casual dining featuring traditional American and European cuisine.
- Tony's Pizza & Pasta, 613 S Main St, ☏ +1 302 337-9557. This is really good pizza operated by an Italian named Tony and his family.
- Jeff's Tap Room, 416 Market St, ☏ +1 302 337-8602. The hub of the nightlife for downtown Bridgeville.
- There are no hotels in Bridgeville, your best bet is to drive south to Seaford.
|Routes through Bridgeville|
|Dover ← Camden ←||N S||→ Laurel → Salisbury|