Most businesses are along Taschereau Boulevard, inside Champlain Mall and Place Portobello or at the lifestyle centre, Quartier DIX30. A particular segment of Taschereau Boulevard near La Prairie and the Saint-Jacques River is home to an exceptionally large concentration of car dealerships offering most available makes and models.
The city has some homes dating from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, particularly along Chemin des Prairies. Maison Sénécal and Maison Deschamps.
Brossard was forcibly into the city of Longueuil in 2002 as a result of municipal reorganization in Quebec. A demerger movement resulted in a municipal referendum in 2004. As a result, Brossard continued to be a borough of the city of Longueuil only until the end of 2005.
Get in and around
Brossard is served by Autoroutes 10 (Autoroute des Cantons-de-l'Est), 15, 20 (Autoroute Jean-Lesage), and 30 (Autoroute de l'Acier), as well as Routes 132 and 134 (Taschereau Boulevard). Autoroute 30 runs along the west side of Brossard. Along the Saint Lawrence River on the east side of the city, Autoroutes 15 and 20 overlap with Route 132; 15 to the south and 20 to the north. At the Champlain Bridge interchange, Autoroutes 15 and 20 overlap 10 and feed into the Champlain Bridge, which crosses over into Montreal. Autoroute 10 also meets with Route 134 at the Taschereau Interchange which runs north south through the heart of Brossard.
Brossard is subdivided into many smaller sections. These sections are have street names that all begin with the same letter of the alphabet. The only notable exceptions are few major arteries (such as Taschereau Boulevard and Rome Boulevard) that span across two or more sections.
By public transit
The Réseau de transport de Longueuil (RTL) serves much of Brossard's territory as well as the rest of the South Shore. Terminus Brossard-Panama and Brossard-Chevrier Park and Ride incentive parking lots are two of RTL's heavily used bus terminals in Brossard. From both of these terminals there is a regular bus to Terminus Centre-Ville (Bonaventure Metro Station.)
The fare is $3.25 cash (exact change) for ages 6 and up with no transfer. If you have an Opus Card from Montreal, the fare is $3.25, but it allows you to transfer.
When the Réseau électrique métropolitain replaces the A-10 busway, which is expected in 2021, Brossard will be served by three stations: Panama, Du Quartier and Rive-Sud.
- Etoile Banque Nationale, 6000 Boulevard Rome (at Quartier Dix 30), ☏ . Performing arts theatre.
- 1 Exporail (Canadian Railway Museum), 110, rue Saint-Pierre, Saint-Constant, ☏ . Historical trains, train & streetcar rides, an old station and other historical exhibits. An interesting introduction to Canadian railway history. Cafe offering basic lunches.
Many parks are scattered throughout the city of Brossard, including Parc écologique des Sansonnets. The parks are connected to the other areas of the city by over 50 km of biking paths.
- Saint-Jacques River Regional Park. Introductory lessons in canoeing and kayaking, equipment rental and classes are offered at the Saint-Jacques River, accessible via Parc Radisson.
- 1 Quartier Dix-30 (at the intersection between Autoroute 10 and Autoroute 30, on the northwest corner). Dix-30, meaning 10-30, was designed to emulate an urban or downtown shopping experience with boutiques in a suburban setting.
- 2 Champlain Mall, 2151 Boulevard Lapinière (Taschereau Boulevard (Quebec Route 134), near Autoroute 10). It has a Hudson's Bay store and over 150 stores, cafés and restaurants.
- Kim Fung Brossard, 7209 Taschereau Blvd, ☏ . Daily 10:00-23:00. A Cantonese Chinese restaurant in a Montreal-area chain, which has dim sum.
- La cuisine de tatie (Auntie's kitchen), 5645 Boul. Grande-Allée, ☏ . M-W 11:30-19:00, Th F 11:30-20:00, Sa 11:30-20:30. Cuisine from Mauritius. You can bring your own wine. Mains $12-18.
- Delhi Kabab, 6185 Boulevard Taschereau, Local 108, ☏ . M-Sa 11:00-14:00, 17:00-22:00; Su 17:00-22:00. Indian. Mains $13-24.
- Zyara, 9140 Boulevard Leduc Suite 205 (in Quartier Dix30), ☏ . M-Th 11:00-22:00, F 11:00-23:00, Sa 12:00-23:00, Su 12:00-22:00. Lebanese and Mediterranean cuisine: traditional dishes, meze (tapas) and grilled food.
- Le Mile Public House, ☏ . Daily 11:30-03:00. Pub food, burgers, comfort food, fish & chips, poutine, salads, tartare, poke bowl, vegetarian.
- Quality Inn & Suites, 6680 Boulevard Taschereau, ☏ . On-site restaurant "Paolo Gattuso&. Indoor heated swimming pool, full hot breakfast. Adjacent to the Champlain Mall. Multilingual staff. From $114.
- Hotel Brossard, 7365 Marie-Victorin Blvd. Free continental breakfast buffet, high-speed internet wire or wireless, exercise room, bilingual staff, electric car charging stations. From $100.
- Motel Rideau, 8700 boulevard Marie-Victorin, ☏ . Air conditioning, Wifi, refrigerator, microwave. From $70.
|Routes through Brossard|
|END ← Montreal ←||W E||→ Chambly → Sherbrooke|
|Mont-Tremblant ← Montreal ←||N S||→ Lacolle → Becomes → Albany|
|Kingston ← Becomes ← Montreal ←||W E||→ Longueuil → Quebec City (Lévis)|
|Vaudreuil-Dorion ← Salaberry-de-Valleyfield ←||W E||→ Longueuil → Sorel-Tracy / Quebec City via|
|Salaberry-de-Valleyfield ← Jct W E ←||W E||→ Longueuil → Lévis|