Jump to navigation Jump to search
Buckeye is a city west of Phoenix.
- 1 Buckeye Municipal Airport (BXK IATA), 38 mi (61 km) west of Phoenix via I-10 E. There are no commercial services at this airport, which is categorized by the Federal Aviation Administration as a general aviation facility.
- Eastmen Gin, 809 N 1st St, ☎ . Heritage Park includes a 30,000 ft² (2,800 m2) building housing the Buckeye Valley Historical and Archelogical Museum, several acres of agriculture representing Buckeye's history; the restored Eastman Gin and a working mini-gin capable of producing 1 lb bales of cotton. The annual Heritage Festival will be held here in October.
- Raney House. The "Raney" house was built by Nels Benson and called the Benson House for many years. Now abandoned.
- Ware Building. A restored building on the southwest corner of 4th and Monroe. Boarded up and decaying for many years, the exterior renovation, taking it back to its original appearance when constructed in 1910, is complete. Work continues on the interior.
- Buckeye Valley Archeological & Historical Museum, 116 E US Hwy 85, ☎ .
- Helzapoppin' PRCA Rodeo. Held the third weekend in March, the Helzapoppin' PRCA Rodeo is the only sanctioned PRCA rodeo in the southwest valley. These are the pros, hoping to head on to the NFR in Las Vegas in December!
- Spring and Fall Demolition Derbies, ☎ . Spring Derby is the Saturday before Mother's Day, and Fall Derby is generally the third Saturday in November. In addition to crashing derby cars, the events feature racing rotortillers and mobility scooters and riding lawn mowers. This is definitely the most fun you can have in Buckeye on a Saturday night! The gates open for these popular and very well attended events at 5PM and it is recommended you arrive shortly thereafter! Take I-10 west to Miller Rd (Exit 114). Turn left (south) and continue 4 m or so to the arena on your left. Free parking to the right, paid parking at arena.
- Grazie Pizzeria and Wine Bar, 21051 W Main St, ☎ . Pasta and pizza, appetizers and desserts. Over 100 imported Italian wine choices, covering every region in Italy. Wine tastings offered.
- La Placita Cafe, 424 E Monroe Ave, ☎ . Family-run Mexican restaurant. Live music on Saturdays. Room rent for meetings possible. Big bar where long drinks are offered. House specialities on the menu.
- Verrado Grill, 4242 N Golf Dr, ☎ . American brew-pub. Located at the Raven Golf Club in Verrado. Live music every Saturday.
- Wild West Cowboy Steakhouse, 104 E Monroe Ave, ☎ . Mexican and Greek food. Mexican style restaurant with nicely painted walls. Mexican drinks. Most dishes are available in a meat-free style.
|Routes through Buckeye|
|Blythe ← Quartzsite ←||W E||→ Goodyear → Phoenix|
|END ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Organ Pipe Cactus|