I-35 and US-36 are the main highways through the city. Both roads are four lane divided highways and rarely experience traffic in Cameron's vicinity.
Travel distances and directions from nearby cities along the highways are:
- Kansas City, about 50 miles northeast
- St. Joseph, about 35 miles east
- Des Moines, about 146 miles south
- Hannibal, about 160 miles west
Jefferson Lines offers service to/from Des Moines and Kansas City. However, the bus stop is located 5 miles south of the town proper.
There is no public transportation in Cameron.
There are several motels in Cameron.
- Econo Lodge, 220 E Grand, ☏ .
- Best Western Acorn Inn, 2210 US Highway 36, ☏ .
- Comfort Inn, 1803 Comfort Lane, ☏ .
|Routes through Cameron|
|Des Moines ← Osceola ←||N S||→ Kearney → Kansas City|
|Phillipsburg ← St. Joseph ←||W E||→ Chillicothe → Hannibal|
|Des Moines ← Osceola ←||N S||→ Kansas City → Miami|