St. Joseph, is a city in Missouri. It is famous as the place where Jesse James was gunned down, and as the home of Cherry Mash confectionery (warning: acquired taste). And before all that, embarkation point for the Oregon Trail and Pony Express.
St. Joe is at the intersection of I-29 and US 36, 30 mins north of KCI Airport in Kansas City. I-229 forms a loop that goes to Downtown. US 59, US 71, US 169, and Missouri Route 6 also run through town.
- 1 Jesse James Home, 1202 Penn St, ☏ . Adults $4, Seniors $3, Students $2, Kids 5 and under free.
- 2 Pony Express National Museum, 914 Penn St, ☏ .
- 3 Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art, 2818 Frederick Ave, ☏ , toll-free: , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4 Glore Psychiatric Museum.
- 5 Patee House. Operates as a museum.
- 6 Robidoux Row. Local History museum.
- 1 Phil Welch Stadium. Baseball Stadium.
- Missouri Western Griffons. Sports teams of Missouri Western State University.
- 2 Missouri Theater and Missouri Theater Building. Performing arts center.
- 1 East Hills Mall, 3702 Frederick Ave, ☏ , email@example.com.
- 2 Chase Candy Company, 1307 S 59th Street. Not open for tours, but you can stop to buy a Cherry Mash.
For various reasons, the food scene in St. Joseph is fairly generic. Plenty of well-established and well-known chain restaurants and fast food joints can be easily found in almost any area of the city, excluding the downtown area.
- 1 Stoney Creek Hotel St. Joseph, 1201 N Woodbine Rd, ☏ . Has a nice frontier feel with breakfast and a hot tub, pool, and bar. $96 (Feb 2022).
- 2 Shakespeare Chateau Inn Bed & Breakfast, 809 Hall St, ☏ . A stately mansion from 1885 is the locality of this bed & breakfast. $179 (Feb 2022).
- St. Joseph Conventions & Visitor's Bureau, 109 S 4th St, 
- 1 St. Joseph Public Library.
- 2 St. Joseph Public Library-Carnegie Branch.
|Routes through St. Joseph|
|Omaha via ← Council Bluffs ←||N S||→ Kansas City → END|
|Denver ← Strasburg ←||W E||→ Cameron → Hannibal|
|Atlantic ← Maryville ←||N S||→ Kansas City → Joplin|
|Fort Dodge ← Winterset ←||N S||→ Kansas City → Tulsa|