Cannobio is a town on Lake Maggiore in Piedmont, Italy. It lies at the end of the Cannobina Valley on the west side of the lake. The municipality (comune in Italian) shares a border with Switzerland and the town is 10 minutes from the border.
The nearest airport is Milan Malpensa, about 1 hour and 30 minutes by car. Bus services connect with Milan and local bus goes to Gallarate Station.
Airports in the area are:
- Milan Malpensa (Malpensa Airport), 1h30 by car
- Milan Linate (Linate Airport), 2h by car
- Milan Bergamo (Orio al Serio Airport), 2h10 by car
- Turin, 2h20 by car
- Zurich, 2h50 by car
There is no train station at Cannobio, the closest are in Locarno, Switzerland, and Verbania-Pallanza. It is possible to take the bus from these to Cannobio.
- Locarno, connections with Bellinzona and the rest of Switzerland. 
- Verbania-Pallanza, connections with Milan, Italy, and Bern, Switzerland. 
- Take the bus to Brissago, where you'll be able to change to an Italian bus.
- At the Verbania-Pallanza train station take the bus to Verbania-Intra on the Omegna-Verbania line.
- In Verbania take the bus to Brissago (CH).
- Take the bus to Verbania-Intra.
From Locarno: Take the 13 to the border, which becomes SS34 once in Italy.
From Milan (Highways/Autostrada):
- Take the A8/E62 towards Gallarate, take the direction A26 Genova, Gravellona Toce.
- Take the A8dir/E62, direction Genova, Gravellona Toce
- Take the A26/E62, direction Gravellona Toce
- Exit at Gravellona Toce and take the SS34 towards Verbania/Intra
- After Verbania/Intra keep going on SS34 along the lake to Cannobio
Ferries on Lake Maggiore go to all major towns on the lake and some smaller ones.
Bikes can be rented at a hotel in front of the port.
- Renaissance church
- Hike or go camping in Val Grande National Park
- There is a lakeside walkpath and a sport complex.
- Il Viaggiatore Lake & Mountain Tours, Via Umberto I, 58, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 10AM-6PM. Guided tours and activities around the wonderful territory of Lake Maggiore! Benvenuti! €.
The market is on the lakeside (lungolago in Italian) every Sunday.
There are two Conad supermarkets in town. One is next to the Lido, the other is by the SS34 close to the main church.
Many restaurants can be found on the boulevard near the Lago Maggiore, the Via Francesco Magistris.
- Camping Campagna, Via Casali Darbedo, 20/22, ☏ . €58-75.
- Hotel Campagna, Via Nazionale, 25, ☏ . €70+.
- Hotel Pironi. €90+.
- Residenza Patrizia, Via Vittorio Veneto, 9 (On the main road through Cannobio). €80+.
- Hotel Cannobio, Piazza Vittorio Emanuele III, ☏ . Colourful hotel situated on the square in front of the port. €100+.
- Do some Bungee Jumping or Caving with Trekking Outdoor Team [formerly dead link] at the Verzasca dam (near Locarno)
- Rafting, Canyoning, Hydrospeed, Tubing with Monrosa near Balmuccia