Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cape Girardeau is a city named after a French soldier/trader in southeastern Missouri. Watch out for murals and flood walls in this college town.
Cape Girardeau Municipal Airport has service on United Airlines to Chicago.
I-55, Bill Emerson Memorial Bridge
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 1:58PM local time and lasts 4 min. The chances of a clear sky are 40%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico, Texas and Arkansas across the southeast corner of Missouri, then on into Illinois and Indiana.
- 1 Mississippi River Tales Mural. a mural containing 24 panels illustrating the history of the area, the mural covers nearly 18,000 square feet on the downtown floodwall.
- 2 Fort D, 920 Fort St. A Civil War-era fort.
- Bill Emerson Memorial Bridge, MO-34. Cable stayed bridge across the Mississippi that is a Cape Girardeau landmark.
- Southeast Missouri State University, 1 University Plaza. Emphasis on arts.
- The Crisp Museum, 518 S Fountain St. Rotating art and history and archeology exhibits. Free classes occasionally. Tel: +1 573-651-2260. M-F 9AM-5PM, Sa-Su 1PM-4PM, First Fridays open late.
- Cape River Heritage Museum[dead link], 538 Independence St. Small history museum about Cape Girardeau. Tel:+1 573-334-0405 or (800) 777-0068. Th-F Noon-4PM, Sa 11AM-4PM.
- Century Casino Cape Girardeau, 777 Main St. Slots and entertainment and a nice view of the river.
- The Bedell Theater of Southeast Missouri State University
- The Holland School of Visual and Performing Arts of Southeast Missouri State
- Cape Girardeau Bike Trail
- Cape Girardeau County Park Conservation Center
- Cape Rock Park, E Cape Rock Dr. Fine views of Mississippi from this bluff. Hiking and biking.
- Riverfront Park Downtown Cape Girardeau, East Morgan St. Alongside the river.
Most standard American big box stores, including Wal-Mart, Target, and Lowe's, have a presence in the town. There is also a mall with standard fast-food establishments nearby.
- Minglewood Brewery, 121 Broadway, They have fantastic pizzas and brew their own beer on site. Neat place in historic downtown Cape Girardeau.
- Dexter Queen, 1109 W Business U.S. 60, Dexter. Bbq.
- Broussard's Cajun Cuisine, 114 Main St. Cajun seafood and steak.
- Shakers Bar, 2 North Main St.
- The Pour House, 113 Broadway St.
- Independence Place, 5 S Henderson Ave. Night club.
- D'ladium's, 1127 Broadway. 3:00-1:30. Arguably the best bar in Cape Girardeau. This is the place college students meet locals and alumni. Great atmosphere and has everything one looks for in a bar.
- 1 Courtyard by Marriott Cape Girardeau Downtown, 400 Broadway St. Downtown hotel.
- Drury Suites Cape Girardeau, 3303 Campster Dr, ☏ +1 573-339-9500. Evening socials, indoor pool. $96 (Feb 2022).
- Drury Plaza Hotel Cape Girardeau Conference Center, 3351 Percy Dr, ☏ +1 573-334-7151. Breakfast, exercise room, indoor pool. $92 (Feb 2022).
- Pear Tree Inn Cape Girardeau West, 103 Cape W Pkwy, ☏ +1 573-651-3000. Hot breakfast, fitness center. $56 (Feb 2022).
- Pear Tree Inn Cape Girardeau Near the Medical Center, 3248 William St, ☏ +1 573-334-3000. Outdoor pool, some snacks and a breakfast. $57 (Feb 2022).
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cape Girardeau I-55, 3253 William St, ☏ +1 573-334-4491. Indoor pool, game room, breakfast. $96 (Feb 2022).
- Auburn Place Hotel & Suites, 3265 William St, ☏ +1 573-651-4486. Outdoor pool, breakfast. $57 (Feb 2022).
|Routes through Cape Girardeau|
|St. Louis ← Ste. Genevieve ←||N S||→ Sikeston → Memphis|
|St. Louis via ← Ste. Genevieve ←||N S||→ Sikeston → Memphis|