Caribbean Honduras is the area of northern Honduras on and just inland of the Caribbean coast.
- Bay Islands (Bahia Islands)
- San Pedro Sula
- El Progreso
- La Ceiba
- Omoa — small beachfront town with a Spanish colonial fortress.
- Puerto Cortes
- Puerto Lempira — the main town in the remote northeast.
- Trujillo — founded in 1525, this is where Columbus first set foot on mainland America. Overlooks a beautiful bay with nice beaches against mountainous backdrop with a nature reserve.
- Bay Islands - Utila, Roatán, Guanaja, and the Hog Islands - a natural paradise where snorkeling and diving is a must.
- Río Plátano Biosphere Reserve - the largest tropical rainforest in Central America.
This is a region of great contrasts. The Sula Valley in the west is the most densely populated part of the country. In the east, the La Mosquita region is a huge area of remote lowland jungle, including the UNESCO world-heritage site Río Plátano Biosphere Reserve.
Perhaps most well known to travellers though are the offshore Bay Islands. These offer some of the best diving and snorkeling anywhere in the Caribbean.
One of the best ways to see the southernmost Caribbean islands or surrounding South American islands is via a cruise.
- Anthony's Key Resort, Carretera Pavimentada Principal, Sandy Bay, Honduras, toll-free: , e-mail: email@example.com. Award winning Roatan Honduras resort. A World-class family diving vacation destination for its charming, private cabanas and ocean vistas on the palm studded hillside and shimmering lagoon. Enjoy wreck diving, dolphin swim, shark diving, dolphin scuba camp for children, snorkeling, horseback riding, canopy tours, kayaking, canoeing, white water rafting and Mayan sights.