Carita is a town in the province of Banten in the Western Java region of Indonesia. It is on Java's west coast, and because it is mainly known for its beaches, the town is sometimes also called Carita Beach (Pantai Carita). Carita is just south of the even more well-known beaches of Anyer.
Administratively, Carita is a district in the regency of Pandeglang, about 30 km west of the town of Pandeglang.
Carita is along the coast road from the city of Cilegon via Anyer and Carita to Labuan. From Jakarta, Carita can be reached by taking the Jakarta-Merak toll road, exit at East Cilegon (Cilegon Timur), and then follow the main road to the south along the coast. Without traffic, Jakarta to Carita takes about 2.5 hours. However, because of the usual traffic congestion it is better to count on about 4 hours.
To get to Carita by public transport, you can take a so-called elf (public transport minibus) from behind the Grand Mosque of Cilegon. It is also possible to take a silver-coloured angkot (minivan) from Cilegon, but most of the angkots on this line do not go further than Anyer.
The distance from the north to the south of Carita Bay is about 3 km.
- White sand beaches
There are many activities you can do in this place. You can go swimming, snorkeling and scuba diving. Carita beach is clean and children can play white sands. Besides all of that, Carita Beach also offers challenging activities such as banana boat and jet ski.
Seafood - there are variety of fish, prawns and cuttlefish fresh from the traditional market.
- 1 Pondok Lesehan 19, Jl. Raya Carita (opposite Ceriamart convenience store). Simple Sundanese-style restaurant with fish and sea food, fried rice, noodles, etc.
Visitors should not have difficulties finding a place to stay here as many cottages, hotels and camping grounds are available.
- 1 Carita Bay Resort (Kondominium Lippo Carita), Jl. Raya Carita Labuan KM. 9,, ☎ . Studios and apartments in the middle of the Carita Bay coast. Studios from Rp400,000 per night.
- 2 Hotel Bali De Anyer, Jl. Raya Carita Km. 10, ☎ . Hotel next to the beach with swimming pool and restaurant. Double rooms from Rp430,000 per night.
While you are in the beach, merchants sometimes offer you a unique t-shirt and hot pants combination. They may also offer to provide you with a temporary tattoo, though the ink used for the tattoo can sometimes make your skin itchy. Take care and test a small sample, before making a big commitment, especially if you have sensitive skin.
- The fishing town of Labuan is just south of Carita.
- Other beaches along the west coast can be found in among others Anyer and Panimbang.
- Ujung Kulon — national park on the southwestern tip of Java, known for the Javan rhinoceros.