Cassadaga is best known for having a large number of psychics and "Spiritualist Mediums", and is sometimes referred to as being the "Psychic Center of the World".
Its founder, George Colby, was led through the wilderness by three spirit guides to what is now the site of the Cassadaga Spiritualist Camp. On that site, the guides instructed him to establish a Spiritualist Camp, which was completed in 1894. It is a place like no other, where, Spiritualist Mediums and Spiritualist Healers can live in peace without interference from the world outside their gates.
The village exists as an entity unto itself way off Interstate 4 (you won't find it unless you're looking for it) between Orlando and Daytona Beach.
The town is open for visitors, and attracts many thousands a year passing through.
The only way to reach Cassadaga is by car. From I-4, take Exit-114. Turn onto Highway 472 toward Orange City/Deland. At the traffic light, turn right onto Dr. Martin Luther King Parkway. Turn right at the first right onto Cassadaga Road (County Route 4139). Continue 1.5 mi (2.4 km) to the intersection with Stevens Street. The Camp Bookstore and Information Center is on the right.
One of the main reasons to visit Cassadaga Spiritual Camp, is to have a Spiritualist reading by a camp-certified medium. This a part of their religion and they take it very seriously.
- The Cassadaga Bookstore (Cassadaga Welcome Center), 1112 Stevens St, ☏ . Information about Spiritualist readings.
- The Purple Rose Store, 1079 Stevens Street, ☏ . The Purple Rose is a Spiritual, Native American and Metaphysical Stuff Store.
- Universal Center of Cassadaga, 460 Cassadaga Road, ☏ . Bookstore and psychic reading center.
- Lost in Time Cafe, 355 Cassadaga Road (inside the Cassadaga Hotel), ☏ . The cafe is open for lunch Monday - Sunday until 5PM. A continental breakfast is served daily from 9AM.
The Spanish Mission-style Cassadaga Hotel, which is not an official part of the camp, dominates the landscape at the camp entrance.
- 1 Cassadaga Hotel, 355 Cassadaga Road, ☏ . Features a restaurant, shopping at a metaphysical gift store, murder mystery shows, bus tour luncheons and dinners, wedding facilities, banquet room and lecture hall.
Definitely do not sleep in your car.
|Routes through Cassadaga|
|Orlando ← Sanford ←||W E||→ DeLand → Daytona Beach|