Central Oregon is a region of Oregon.
- 1 Bend - A small resort city that serves as the gateway to Central Oregon. Bend's destination page includes a lot of information about the main sights and activities in the region.
- 2 Prineville
- 3 Madras
- 4 Redmond
- 5 Sunriver - A major vacation resort.
- 6 Sisters - A small town at the foot of the Cascade Mountains. There are a couple of resorts nearby, and there is easy access to many of the wilderness areas of the Central Oregon Cascades.
- 7 Warm Springs - An Indian Reservation along Highway 26 nestled in a gorge carved by the Deschutes River.
Central Oregon is a fairly remote region of the state that is enjoyed by millions of people (largely Oregonians) every year. While the state is usually associated with lush, rainy forests and farmland, most of the state (about 2/3rds) is covered by grassland and high desert. The continental climate is generally hot in the summer, and cold and snowy in the winter. Nevertheless, it is considered a main outdoor recreational center of the state, with numerous activities from hiking and camping in the wilderness, to boating, to one of the state's top ski resorts.
- Serves as the main north-south road through Central Oregon cities of Madras, Sunriver, Bend from the Dalles in the north and Klamath Falls in the south.
- connects Portland to Bend through the southside of Mt Hood (Government Camp) and Madras and Sunriver. It continues across the rest
- comes from Salem through Detroit Lake into Bend
- 1 Pacific Crest Bus Lines (PCBL), ☏ +1 541-382-4193, email@example.com. Pacific Crest Bus Lines operates 6 routes from Eugene to Bend, Eugene to Florence, Eugene to Oakridge, Bend to Klamath Falls, Klamath Falls to Medford, Ashland and Grants Pass, Grants Pass to Brookings, and Bend to Portland via Salem. Prices vary.
- 2 Redmond/Bend Municipal Airport (RDM IATA) is the major airport for commercial flights serving Redmond, Bend, Sunriver, Prineville and the surrounding communities of Central Oregon. The airport is in the southeast part of town, southeast of the intersection US Hwy 97 & SR-126 and 16.5 mi (26.6 km) north of Bend along US Hwy 97. The next nearest airport in Portland International Airport (PDX IATA) in Portland with more flights from more national and international destinations.
Central Oregon is best explored by car. Other transportation options are sparse, where they exist. Use caution when diverting from major highways or during the winter, as road conditions can vary widely.
- Fort Rock.
- Lost Forest.
- Devil's Playground.
- Cougar Mountain.
- Green Mountain.
- Willamette Valley, to the west
- Eastern Oregon, to the east
- Mt. Hood and Columbia Gorge, to the north