- & : Take U.S. Route 97 from points north (such as Yakima) or south (such as Klamath Falls) and State Route 126 from points east or west (such as Eugene).
- See also: Air travel in the United States
- 1 Redmond Municipal Airport (Roberts Field RDM IATA), 2522 SE Jesse Butler Circle (Terminal Bldg is on the west side of the airport runways. It is accessed via SE Airport way.). is major airport for commercial flights serving Redmond, Bend, Sunriver, Prineville and the surrounding communities in Central Oregon. The airport is in the southeast part of town, southeast of the intersection US Hwy 97 & SR-126 and 16.5 mi (26.6 km) north of Bend along US Hwy 97. It is served by:
- American Eagle : (Phoenix)
- Avelo : (Burbank, Las Vegas, Santa Rosa)
- Alaska Airlines/Horizon: (Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle/Tacoma)
- Delta Connection: (Salt Lake City by Skywest and Seattle by Compass Airlines)
- United Express: (Los Angeles & San Francisco by Skywest and Denver by GoJet)
CoBreeze Bus and other bus companies serving the area also serve the airport in addition to the Redmond Transit Hub (see below under 'By bus'). The next nearest airport for commercial flights with additional airlines from more places is at Portland International Airport (PDX IATA) 144 mi (232 km) northwest of town.
The main bus station for local public transportation (Cascade East Transit) and intercity buses is at the 2 Redmond Transit Hub on SW Kalama and Canal (777 SW Kalama) between 1 Fred Meyer and 2 Lowes. In addition to the Redmond Transit Hub some of the same bus/shuttle companies serving the region make an additional stop at the airport:
- Cascade East Transit, ☏ , toll-free: . Operates local public transportation and intercity buses to the surrounding cities/towns of Bend (Rt #24), Madras (Rt #22), Prineville (#26), Sisters (#28) and Warm Springs (Rt #22 & 20 from Madras) from the Redmond Transit Hub.
- CoBreeze, (bus stops) Redmond Airport and Redmond Transit Hub, ☏ . Connects Portland to Bend via Portland International Airport, Gresham, Sandy, Welches, Government Camp (Mt Hood), Madras and Prineville. Buses may not make all the above stops regularly but on request in advance of travel. Check with them.
- Grant County People Mover, ☏ . Goes east towards Prairie City to Bend through Redmond Airport, Redmond Transit Hub, Prineville, John Day, Mitchell and Dayville. There's another route that goes towards Monument from Dayville. Check schedules.
- Oregon Shuttle, (Bus stop) Redmond Transit Hub, ☏ . Goes up to Portland through Sisters and Salem via US Hwy 20/SR-22 and I-5 and south to Bend along US Hwy 97. Passengers can transfer to Greyhound, Amtrak and other bus lines in Portland and Salem
- Pacific Crest Bus Lines/Amtrak Thruway, ☏ . Operate the Amtrak Thruway Bus to connect Redmond and Bend from the Amtrak Coast Starlight in Chemult. Transfer in Bend for their other bus/shuttle to Florence via Eugene.
- 1 Cline Falls State Scenic Viewpoint, ☏ . A park of 9 acres that is set along the Deschutes River. The park hosts a large lawn surrounded by Ponderosa Pine and Western Junipers and is a popular stop for summer recreation. It's terrain varies from forest like to sagebrush covered. The park is also home to a wide variety of songbirds including Song Sparrows, Canyon Wren and American Dipper. Golden Eagles and Prairie Falcon also make their home here. Free.
- Smith Rock State Park is a world-famous rock climbing destination known for its sheer basalt cliffs and is generally considered to be the birthplace of American sport rock climbing. There are also miles upon miles of hiking trails that make for excellent vistas within Oregon's Cascade region. Many Western films have been shot here due to its rugged terrain, including Rooseter Cogburn with John Wayne and Katherine Hepburn.
- The Redmond Caves, ☏ . Consists of a group of five caves that are a part of the Horse Lava Tube System. The caves have a geological age of about 80,000 years and are a popular destination for tourists. However, they have been preserved as natural caves with no amenities. Bring multiple lights and watch for rattlesnakes. Free.
- 2 Peter Skene Ogden State Scenic Viewpoint, ☏ . A grassy park atop a basalt canyon of the Crooked River. Walk on an old highway bridge across the canyon. Free.
- Beyond the Ranch Antiques, 339 SW Evergreen Ave, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 10:30AM-5:30PM, Su noon-5PM.
- Diego's Spirited Kitchen, 447 SW 6th St, ☏ . 11AM-10PM, daily.
- 1 Cascade Lakes Brewing Company - 7th Street Brew House, 855 SW 7th St, ☏ .
- 1 Best Western Rama Inn, 2630 SW 17th Pl, ☏ , fax: .
- 2 Greenway Motel, 517 NW Birch Ave #1817 (NW Birch Ave & 5th St, north of downtown), ☏ .
- 3 Motel 6, 2247 S Hwy 97, ☏ , fax: .
- 4 Redmond Inn, 1545 S Hwy 97, ☏ .
- 5 SCP Hotel Redmond (New Hotel Redmond), 521 SW 6th St (SW 6th St and Evergreen Ave in downtown), ☏ .
|Routes through Redmond|
|Yakima ← Madras ←||N S||→ Bend → Klamath Falls|
|Eugene ← Sisters ←||W E||→ Prineville → Ends at|