Cleobury Mortimer is a small market town in Shropshire.
The town's name is usually shortened by locals to simply Cleobury, which is pronounced "Clib-bree" or "Clee-bree". It is located in the far southeast of the county, some 33 miles by road from Shrewsbury.
Everywhere in this small town is accessible on foot. Unless you've been to too many of the pubs.
Large number of pubs per capita — six in total:
- 1 The Bell Inn, Lower St, DY14 8AA, ☎ .
- 2 The King's Arms, 6 Church St, DY14 8BS, ☎ .
- 3 The Old Lion, Lower St, DY14 8AB, ☎ .
- 4 Royal Fountain Inn, 13 Church St, DY14 8BS, ☎ .
- 5 Stable Tavern Inn, 1 Talbot Square, DY14 8BQ, ☎ . Sun-Thu: noon-11:00pm; Fri-Sat: noon-midnight.
- 6 Talbot Inn, 29 High St, DY14 8DQ, ☎ .
All of which, depending on one's mood, can be highly entertaining venues for a pint or two. The town has its own brewery — Hobsons.
- Ludlow, a town to the west, where the 2L bus terminates. The journey to Ludlow via the A4117 road takes you right past Titterstone Clee Hill, offering fabulous views of Worcestershire and Herefordshire to the south.
- Bridgnorth, a town to the north, also home to many public houses.