Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kidderminster is in Worcestershire. Whilst not your typical tourist destination, you may end up here to visit relatives or the like. Mostly harmless, can boast of having a lock
Wouldn't really recommend doing so, but by car it is pretty simple.
- 1 Severn Valley Railway (Kidderminster Station), 1 Comberton Place, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 09:00am - 17:00. The Severn Valley Railway operates full-size, mainly steam-hauled passenger trains along the beautiful Severn Valley between Kidderminster, Bewdley and Bridgnorth. Stop off at The Engine House, the Visitor Centre at Highley, to discover the collection of steam locomotives, themed exhibitons, and shop, restaurant and outdoor play area. Country stations at Arley, Highley and Hampton Loade are well worth a visit. A train ride not enough? Then how about a Footplate Experience where you can drive a steamtrain.
- 2 The Museum of Carpet, Stour Vale Mill, Green Street, DY10 1AZ, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Kidderminster is well known for its manufacturing of carpets and this museum reflects that.
- 3 Hartlebury Castle, Hartlebury, DY11 7XZ, ☏ . Modernised mid-13th century as a fortified manor house and museum.
- 4 Harborough Hall, Birmingham Rd, Blakedown, DY10 3LG. This timber-frame, stucoed house dates back to around 1635. It once belonged to the family of William Shenstone the poet, is probably the successor of a house that goes back to Medieval times.
- 1 The Swan Centre, 6 King Charles Square. Shopping mall
- 2 Carpet Factory Outlets Kidderminster, Unit 8, Easter Park, Worcester Road, ☏ .
- 1 The Weavers At Park Lane, 40 Park Lane, DY11 6TG, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M Tu 16:00-22.00pm, W Th 12:00-22:00, F Sa 12:00-23:00, Su 12:00-18:00. Formerly offices; this beautiful grade 2 listed building on the canal side is now open, offering 6 real ales and 8 ciders on pump. Last orders are 20 mins prior to closing, prompt. Check the Facebook page for any upcoming events. Quality food and cobs.
- 1 Bewdley Hill House Bed & Breakfast, 8 Bewdley Hill, DY11 6BS, ☏ .
- 2 Gainsborough House Hotel, Bewdley Hill, DY11 6BS, ☏ .
- 3 Premier Inn Kidderminster, Slingfield Mill, Weavers Wharf, ☏ .
|Routes through Kidderminster|
|Telford ← Bridgnorth ←||N S||→ merges with|
|merges with ←||W E||→ Bromsgrove → Redditch|
|Wolverhampton ← Stourbridge ←||N S||→ Stourport-on-Severn → Worcester|
|Ludlow ← Bewdley ←||W E||→ Halesowen → Birmingham|