Interstate 35 is the main route to Cloquet; Duluth is about 30 minutes away and the Twin Cities are about 2 hours to the south. Minnesota Highway 33 runs through the middle of town, a short highway running from I-35 to US Highway 53 about 18 miles to the north, which is the main route from the Iron Range.
- 1 Lindholm Service Station, Hwy 33 and Cloquet Ave. The only gas station in existence that was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright; it's also the only building from Wright's Broadacre City concept to ever be built. The station is capped by a prominent green copper canopy. The small room on the second floor with windows overlooking the gas pumps was originally intended to be a waiting area.
- 2 Carlton County Historical Society, 406 Cloquet Ave (between 4th and 5th Sts), ☏ . Tu-Sa 9AM-4PM. Small local history museum, including an exhibit on the Cloquet Fire of 1918. Adults $2, children under 12 $1, families $5.
- 1 Pedro's Grill & Cantina, 915 Cloquet Ave (at 10th St), ☏ . Su-Th 11AM-9PM, F Sa 11AM-10PM. Mexican restaurant with full bar.
- 1 AmericInn, 111 Big Lake Rd, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: . Indoor heated pool, hot tub, and sauna. Free wireless internet, public computer, and free breakfast available. Pets allowed. $85+.
- 2 Super 8, 121 Big Lake Rd, ☏ , fax: . Free wireless internet and free breakfast available. Pets allowed for an extra fee. $70+.
|Routes through Cloquet|
|END ← Duluth ←||N S||→ Moose Lake → Minneapolis/Saint Paul|
|Ends at N S ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ END|