Commuter service to the small towns of New Mexico seems to come and go; Clovis is served by Boutique Air with non-stop service to Dallas/Fort Worth. Road access is mainly via US 60 and US 70. You can also access Clovis from US 40 to NM 209 South at Tucumcari.
Clovis has a limited public transportation system known as C.A.T.S which stands for Clovis Area Transport System. Anywhere within city limits is 50¢. 575-769-7910. (No service Sunday)
Taxi services do not exist.
- Clovis Depot Model Train Museum, 221 w. 1st St (in downtown Clovis). A museum showing the history of trains in Eastern New Mexico is a must-see for train lovers.
- Hillcrest Park and Zoo, 10th street and Sycamore, ☏ . The second largest zoo in the state exhibits hundreds of animals such as reptiles, lemurs, spider monkeys, crocodiles, bears and many more animals. The 22½-acre zoo continues to grow.
- Ned Houk Park (take Prince Street north (State Road 209); the park is about a mile north of the ENMR Plateau headquarters on 209). A large park that is about 9 miles north of downtown Clovis on the edges of town. This park features several ponds, a museum which features antique farm equipment and farm dwellings from before 1926, and several other attractions.
- Black Water Draw Museum and Archeology Site, US Hwy 70 (12 miles south of Clovis), ☏ . The "Clovis Type Site" is accepted as the oldest culture in North America. Fluted points, stone and bone weapons and tools are displayed at the Blackwater Draw museum, 12 miles south of Clovis on Hwy 70. At the archaeological site, Mammoth bones can be viewed in the ground where excavation revealed them.
- Norman Petty Recording Studios (Tour the studio in which history was made. Buddy Holly amongs others recorded in this studio hits that made them famous), 1313 w 7th St (1 mile south of downtown on 7th), ☏ .
- Decent off-road mountain biking exists at the back of Ned Houk Park. Upon entrance to the park, take a right and follow it to the ampetheatre. The trails start beyond the dirt parking lot.
- Taco Box, 136 W. 21 St (Hilltop Plaza), ☏ . A local favorite.
- Kelly's Bar-Grill & Package Store, 2208 North Prince, ☏ .
- Webbs Watering Hole, 1305 Mabry Dr, ☏ .
If you go to Kellys before 9PM enjoy some country music. If you go after 9PM, enjoy the DJ.
- Clovis Inn and Suites, 2912 Mabry Dr, ☏ .
- The La Vista Inn, 1516 Mabry Dr, ☏ .
- Lubbock & Amarillo are approximately 100 miles away in Texas.
- Albuquerque is 220 miles away.
- The town of Portales is nearby, with Eastern New Mexico University and an interesting archaeological site.
|Routes through Clovis|
|Socorro ← Fort Sumner ←||W E||→ Hereford → Amarillo|
|Roswell ← Portales ←||W E||→ Plainview → Vernon|
|Santa Rosa ← Fort Sumner ←||W E||→ Lubbock → Abilene|