Jump to navigation Jump to search
Colbost and the Duirnish Peninsula is in the north-west of Skye.
On the B884 5 mile north-west of Lonemore (A836 Dunvegan).
- 1 MacLeod's Maidens. Skye's magnificent coast off the Dunvegan road is often forgotten in the allure of the Cuillin. The UK's highest cliffs are to be found here. The 'Maidens' are very striking sea stacks and give a target for a walk. See Walkhighlands for a description of the hike.
- 2 Neist Point Lighthouse.
- 3 Colbost Croft Museum, Colbost (4 miles from Dunvegan), ☎ . Daily (Easter - end Oct) 9.30am - 6.00pm. £1.50.
- 1 Skye Silver, Colbost, Dunvegan, IV55 8ZT (7 miles from Dunvegan on the B884 to Glendale), ☎ . Go to the Skye Silver shop in the north.
- 1 The Three Chimneys, Colbost, Dunvegan, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Was voted one of the 50 Top World Restaurants by "Restaurant" magazine. Book well ahead!